Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 09-05-2012, 05:10 AM   #1
gfxtwin
portfolio
nick
dallas, USA

facing a major design challenge, please help

I have done at least 15 complete graphics for my friend in China. Well, the PCB/Circuit board manufacturing company he works for to be exact. I have been working on this since June and still my designs keep getting turned down. Part of the reason, to be honest, is my lack of experience. The other part was due to the company not knowing what they want and not being totally clear as to what can and cannot pass copyright inspection.

Getting past the copyright inspection is the huge problem, it seems. The company's name is "Sunshine". Or at least it used to be, before it turned out another company with that name had registered for it earlier. Both companies wish to keep their name to prevent losing customers, and sadly my friend's company got the small side of the wishbone and they are the ones who have to make some changes. So, in order to keep customers they decided to try to salvage as much of their company title as possible. What's the design problem? The logo needs to say "un hine" with images/illustrations/ graphics/gestalt/symbols representing the rest. Either that, or any other way to portray the company title of "Sunshine" without actually having the whole words of "sun" or "shine" (neither of them) in the logo.

So here's some of what I came up with.

I can't seem to find the sweet spot design. The picture/logo/etc that totally works and makes you unaware that you're reading "sun shine" without the actual word being there (if that makes sense).

Can anyone share some advice that will help me find the right design? I think it's possible to find it, but it sure is challenging. I'm not even getting paid for this and it's been so draaaaaaaaawwwwwnnnn oooouuuutt.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:10 AM   #2
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread