CGTalk > Software > Autodesk Maya
Login register
reply share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 08-07-2014, 10:12 PM   #1
shadowpass
portfolio
asd
Czechia

Can you hide the selection highlighting of currently selected components?

Hi,

my goal is to be able to hide the highlighting of currently selected components (not the highlighting of the whole object, i know how to do that). So to explain more that is when you select object, then switch to component mode and select for example some of its faces - they highlight, but turning off Selection highlighting for the viewport will only hide the wireframe of the whole object that those selected components are part of, the actual selected faces will still be highlighted, and i want to be able to turn that off.

Reason is to use this along with turning off the standard selection highlighting and hiding manipulator to be able to see just the model itself changing in realtime as iam dragging manipulator to tweak it with nothing obscuring the view without having to deselect after each change to have a clear view and then reselect again or undo to try again. (id use an all in one hotkey so the visibility switch would be instant, no menu clicking)

thanks in advance for any tips

Last edited by shadowpass : 08-07-2014 at 10:36 PM.

Old 08-08-2014, 04:27 AM   #2
evantron3000
Veteran
portfolio
USA

The closest thing I can think of is going into the colors settings and changing the selection color for that component to black or grey, or the same color as the shader of the model. I suppose that wouldn't work for a textured model though.

reply share thread