Explorer
portfolio
Kasper Larsson
GENERALIST
TTF, MANOANIM
London, United Kingdom

does someone want his/her model rigged?

Hi Everyone,

As the topic says; Does anyone want their model rigged?

I am in the situation of starting my internship soon in a film department as a Rigger, and in order to warm up before I go I would love to rig a creature of some sort, I just don't have the time to model one.

As I only have 14 days till starting date. The model must be:

Realistic modeled, and good solid wireframe, it must be one big mesh besides eyes (if so horns - one or two gadgets here and there, is ok too) must be completely symmetrical.

preferably a dragon but hit me up with anything really

You would of course be credited for the model if i use it for future demos, and as well get the rig if you want it or know an animator who would like to animate it. As long as people are mentioned for their work in various showreels everything's all good.

Please if you have interest in this - link me a picture of your model.

Have a great day!

Kasper
______

Old 06-16-2013, 01:28 AM   #2
Shadowlich
Blender Head
portfolio
Andrei Belean
USA

http://www.blendswap.com/
Good website with plenty of free models(though you do need blender installed, but its free), just find a file, open it and export it.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:50 AM   #3
grantmoore3d
Geek Extraordinaire

portfolio
Grant Moore
Creative Director
ComboMash Entertainment
Vancouver, Canada

@Shadowlich - That's a fantastic resource, thank you for posting it

Old 06-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #4
LarssonGU
Explorer
portfolio
Kasper Larsson
GENERALIST
TTF, MANOANIM
London, United Kingdom

about the model

The page looks great, I was aware that I could probably find a free model out there somewehre, but I remember when i was focusing on modeling myself i always thought id be cool for someone to rig it to see it some to live, so now that I'm a rigger I thought I'd ask around before I just started on something free However thanks alot for posting, the site looks great! If no one wants their model rigged for free then I'll surely use your link! Very helpful,

Thanks !

Old 06-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #5
Jules123
Expert
portfolio
Julian Bushell
Non-Multiplex Cinema
Croydon, United Kingdom

Hi Kasper,

When you mean rigging, you mean rigging for the face? I have a model that is pre-rigged except not around the face. I am building a short demo scene for my real-time ray tracing engine. Basically this is the scene... I highlight in bold the relevant bit

A near future setting at night… An area in a city with a pedestrian path and road in between night clubs, pubs and strip joints on either side etc. The scene has a lot of shiny reflective surfaces and windows, refraction through frosted glass, with silhouettes of people inside. And plenty of neon lights from signs, spilling from windows, and ad projections etc.
Close –up through back window of a taxi, reveals a young girl wearing glasses carrying a bag, and hold on her whilst taxi pulls away. She has never been to a city before, arriving here for the first time, and is shocked at how garish and colourful everything is.
Zoom into extreme close-up on one of her wide open eyes.
Depth of field kicks in to blur the background behind her. The scene in front that is off-screen (and hasn't been seen yet) comes into focus on her glasses, revealing flashing lights, signs and moving flashing ad boards and more to reveal.
I’m working on texturing some of the city environment and I have already concept some of it in Photoshop, more to go. I’ve also digitally painted a realistic looking iris and pupil. Yet to do the eyeball and lashes.
Shading wise, I have no sub-surface scattering shader yet (to work on); I want the light from behind her to seep through the edge of her face, as the camera zooms in.

When you mean rigging, you don't mean animation as well or do you do that anyway for testing?
I can supply the female model, taxi and bag if interested?

Cheers,
Jules

Old 06-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread