Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 02-28-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
coopascoopa25
portfolio
Courtenay
Sydney, Australia

Skinning and Wrap: Double Translate

Hey Guys,

I have a character I'm trying to rig that has a large beard that I have rigged. At the same time, because it's a separate mesh from the head, I need to wrap it to the head mesh so that when I move parts of the face it follows along.

I thought that this had worked until I moved the head, and saw that the beard mesh has double translates on it.

Does anyone know how I can work around this? Is there possibly an equivalent to a wrap deformer that I can use instead?

Old 02-28-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
Darksuit
Privateer

David O. True
Sr. Technical Artist
Kingsisle
Round Rock, USA

Send a message via ICQ to Darksuit Send a message via AIM to Darksuit Send a message via Yahoo to Darksuit
uncheck the box for inherit transforms for the geo in question. This will stop the object from having double transforms.

Last edited by Darksuit : 02-28-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:44 PM   #3
coopascoopa25
portfolio
Courtenay
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksuit
uncheck the box for inherit transforms for the goe in question. This will stop the object from having double transforms.

Sorry I should have specified - I have already turned inherits transforms off on the beard geo, but the problem still exists.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:14 PM   #4
Darksuit
Privateer

David O. True
Sr. Technical Artist
Kingsisle
Round Rock, USA

Send a message via ICQ to Darksuit Send a message via AIM to Darksuit Send a message via Yahoo to Darksuit
have you tried removing it from the heriarchy so that it sits outside of the rig, as that would more than likely correct for the double transforms. This may however lead to other issues, but those issues may be easier to correct for than the double transform.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:45 AM   #5
coopascoopa25
portfolio
Courtenay
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksuit
have you tried removing it from the heriarchy so that it sits outside of the rig, as that would more than likely correct for the double transforms. This may however lead to other issues, but those issues may be easier to correct for than the double transform.

Yeah the geometry exists in a different hierarchy to the rest of the rig, so that shouldn't be influencing it. I think it just comes down to the fact that there are two deformers influencing the geometry at once.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:05 AM   #6
coopascoopa25
portfolio
Courtenay
Sydney, Australia

Ok, so I managed to get around it by using "Add Influence" instead of the wrap, so it adds it into the existing skinCluster. Thanks for your help anyway

Old 03-01-2013, 07:05 AM   #7
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread