|07 July 2018|
Herbert van der wegen
PhotoLine 21 released
This latest release's major new feature is the introduction of scripting: the Windows version supports VBScript (including DLL compilation), and on the Mac Applescript is supported.
A fair range of example scripts is provided: one of which replicates (more or less) Photoshop's 'Generator' functionality, allowing web and screen designers to use layer labels to automate the export of (multi-resolution) assets.
The inclusion of scripting in PhotoLine resolves its one long outstanding sore point.
Other notable new features:
- proper page spread support: multi-spreads can be set up. In previous versions spreads are unsupported, and now up to quadruple spreads may be defined.
- lens correction: automatic lens correction is now built-in, handling distortion, perspective distortion, chromatic aberration, and vignetting.
Otherwise, this release focuses on many workfkow and existing feature enhancements and improvements.
- named colour swatch support in vector patterns
- named colour swatches may include transparency now if required and is included as an option
- all lasso (selection) tools can now be used independently of the active layer. The same applies to the mask function
- filter and adjustment dialogs are now scalable to any size.ant a screen-sized curve adjustment for better accuracy? Now possible.
- raw images may be imported as placeholder layers,with the choice of an externally referenced file (placeholder layers in PhotoLine are comparable to smart objects in Photoshop). All filters can be non-destructively applied to a raw placeholder layer.
- an auto save and automatic backup option is now available. If PhotoLine crashes, it will automatically load up the file(s) you were working on.
- font substitution for pdf and psd import received a complete overhaul: various options are presented to the user now, including one to substitute missing fonts for the current document only.
- transforming multiple selected layers is now possible.
- file import of PSD, PDF, SVG, and TIFF files have been improved (again)
All in all, a solid new version, worth it for the scripting alone, which seriously expands the scope of PhotoLine. Many more smaller improvements - read at
Get the trial at www.pl32.com
|reply share thread|