Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Mathias Varaste

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2007   #151
Northest cities I ever been to was Amsterdaam and Hannover... But my brother work and lives in Dannmark, almost 8 years... he is IT operator there... He sent me photos of he being at the sea there, and I know from his words how cold it is. He also sent me some photos from the Island, Sweden, Norway. He goes skiing there... Pictures of Island are great... very strange "modeled" environment .

I know a bit about Norse mythology... and there is some of Norse spirit in your work!

Croatian coast is nothing like that, of course... warm sea and pleasent mediteran ambience is perfect for rest and pleasent feelings...
... but not on 42C which was this summer :( ...

Old 09 September 2007   #152
wow, I leave this thread for some time and when I come back I find some amazing work

Very very nice indeed.....Good luck man!

Old 09 September 2007   #153
Mdavid;
Hei Mark and thanks a lot for visiting and of course your comment!
I think I will start with some toon shading after this challenge and see where it goes!
Haven't yet touched that part of Maya, but I believe it's fun, and I got some semi_
crazy Ideas to be fit into that kind of rendering!
Ps, thanks again for the tips on water shading!

npantic;
Hei Nenad and thanks again! 43 degrees? Even half that temperature is lethal for me!
I'm living above 72 degrees north, also called polar sircle, and my favorite temp of all
time is -2

Jassar;
Hei buddy! Thanks a lot for stopping by and for your nice comment! There is still one
month and a half left, so I hope there is time enough!
Good luck to you too, my friend!

Old 09 September 2007   #154
Shading (Textured and lit): Musicians

Britt, the medicin woman, and Kristin, Selma's daughter!
These are the last people around the fire, three dancers and two musicians!
The lighting will change some when they are put in the scene, and perhaps some shader/texture tweak!
Suggestions and critiques are always welcome!

Old 09 September 2007   #155
Hi man!

I cannot beleive that I missed your friday post!!! Where was I??? I'll have to beat myself for this...

Anyway the textures were already mentioned so... I liked a lot of the ocean water! Very dark and monumental, like the entire image. There's a smooth part in the whale's chin that looks odd...

Your final characters look very good but if I where you, I'd aged or (partially) destroy their instruments... they're way much good looking! I may be wrong but I'm imagining a very poor island, almost withou resources so... that violin and pandeireta (in portuguese) would have to be some kind of relics to them... and despite all the reverence they must show a bit of use (and abuse...)...

My opinion, of course! You may want to make a texture a bit like a yellowish skin to the "pandeireta" instrument...

Be cool man and keep these awsome post coming!!!

Your friend

D

Old 09 September 2007   #156
Hi again...

I just noticed something... these characters will probably be so small that the instruments detail will not notice... so...

be well

Old 09 September 2007   #157
Wow haha how are you modeling these so quickly? What programs are you using. Your work is very rich, a lot of atmosphere. Almost surreal. Looking forward to the final piece. Do you intend animating it at all?

Imagination is more important than knowledge
- Albert Einstein. ~ I live HERE

STRANGE BEHAVIOUR ENTRY

Old 09 September 2007   #158
mac;
Ola Amigo! Thanks a lot for your nice comments and suggestions, You really give me lots of motivation and hope!
About the Tambourine (pandeireta), I found out that I just left it with a basic material instead of assigning a shader to it, Doh! But I saw it a bit too late, to go back and try to fix it! I definitely need more sleep after this!
Your point about the music instruments are sound and logical, and I didn't pay much attention to that, as you self wrote, there won't be much left to see in the big picture, very small indeed!
Smooth part of the whale's nose? I don't know what happened there, perhaps the occlusion overlay was too strong or something! thanks for noticing!
Be well!

Trickz;
Thanks a lot, man! I use Maya 7 for this one and I too amvery exited about the final render!
In this project, I have tried some workflow which I wouldn't possibly think of, if it wasn't for the challenge, so I'm having a really fun time!
I affraid I won't be able to animate this scene, there would simply be lots of work and many "bones" to move around, So I keep it a still image for the moment!
My recipe for these characters, as you asked, is less sleep and lots of work!
Thanks for dropping by!

Old 09 September 2007   #159
leaps and bounds

Hi Varma,

It is good to see your update,
comming out fine with characters and the musicians are in a good pose.
keep up the spirit, good luck..
cheer up,
somu.
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...?f=224&t=534513
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQilrUQaV3Y

Old 09 September 2007   #160
Yes all those characters are modeled like from live experience - they are very lively!
I wonder how your animation will look like? Camera fly-through the scene? Is this eligable for the contest...?

Phuuu we have here terrible oscilations in weather from -20 to +40, then again I am not sure would I switch that for little more stable weather but -? temperature and everlasting twilight

Old 09 September 2007   #161
Public appology!

Dear Colleagues/friends!
Obvoiusly I was posting in the wrong forum, and that's because of my misunderstanding about the challenge instructions! See, I thought This was a forum for either 3D still image "or" animation, instead of "both", and I didn't read through the rather long descriptions before starting, really stupid of me!
The thread will continue, now in the right forum, Illustration!
I'm really sorry about this confussion, Hope you don't mind!
I still will be keeping an eye on your wonderful works over here and cheer you up!
Thanks!

mat

Old 09 September 2007   #162
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Sketch

Sorry, wrong thread, again
:sad:

Old 09 September 2007   #163
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread