First let's try the Kaio Ken x 2 ...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #1
First let's try the Kaio Ken x 2 ...

Well, once again after a looooong time trying to imitate the style of Master Akira.
Anyway I think I'm much better than the artists who started drawing after Planet Namek saga ...
Made with Autodesk Skechbook Pro and Wacom Bamboo.

Old 09 September 2012   #2
not sure if Vegeta just dodged or he got hit , looks more like he dodged but at the same time surprised.

might want to check up a bit on Goku's face and i would suggest you flip the picture to see if some parts are skewed and the background is a bit distracting.

Crack a bottle!

Old 09 September 2012   #3
Originally Posted by rapxic: not sure if Vegeta just dodged or he got hit , looks more like he dodged but at the same time surprised.

might want to check up a bit on Goku's face and i would suggest you flip the picture to see if some parts are skewed and the background is a bit distracting.

Ha'am ... Well ... I thought it was understood well the action. Maybe it's my fault because I've tried to focus more on the sense of movement of the characters in the precision of action.
As for the scene of the battle I thought of doing the speed blur of action, because that would focus better on characters atencon. But apparently I'm wrong ... I must admit that drawing scenarios is not my best skill. I like to draw the characters more.
Also, maybe I have a lot of influence on the American comic characters shaped shade with some contrast of black and striped doing ...
In the face of Goku I do not think there is any secret to draw when ...
I've tried to give only some basic features high precision, but keeping me in the canons seen in the Saiyan Saga, because it was drawn by the original artist is what I like.
After the Saga of Planet Namek and is very noticeable change artist, the current Manga escule, I do not like (eg Pokemon, Naruto, Seiya, Samurai X), all well drawn, solqoue the artist tries to imitate Akira style without making you escape the details typical of manga artists today: straight lines on the arms and face, nose almost drawn into the mouth, eye very large, ...
Nothing like Akira style that I love, is the old style of drawing Japanese in the early 80's, very inspired in Tezuka Ozamu , who in turn was a follower of the style of Walt Disney). Why some artists consider as Akira Toriyama and Tezuka Ozamu as cartoonists "Anime", and not "Manga" style.
Well, I also appreciate your comments, friend.
I have many pictures to post here yet.
Greetings:
Sergio Mengual.

Old 09 September 2012   #4
Originally Posted by rapxic: not sure if Vegeta just dodged or he got hit , looks more like he dodged but at the same time surprised.

Haam ... Well ... I thought it was understood well the action. Maybe it's my fault because I've tried to focus more on the sense of movement of the characters in the precision of action.
As for the scene of the battle I thought of doing the speed blur of action, because that would focus better on characters atencon. But apparently I'm wrong ... I must admit that drawing scenarios is not my best skill. I like to draw the characters more.
Also, maybe I have a lot of influence on the American comic characters shaped shade with some contrast of black and striped doing ...
In the face of Goku I do not think there is any secret to draw when ...
I've tried to give only some basic features high precision, but keeping me in the canons seen in the Saiyan Saga, because it was drawn by the original artist is what I like.
After the Saga of Planet Namek and is very noticeable change artist, the current Manga escule, I do not like (eg Pokemon, Naruto, Seiya, Samurai X), all well drawn, solqoue the artist tries to imitate Akira style without making you escape the details typical of manga artists today: straight lines on the arms and face, nose almost drawn into the mouth, eye very large, ...
Nothing like Akira style that I love, is the old style of drawing Japanese in the early 80's, very inspired in Tezuka Ozamu , who in turn was a follower of the style of Walt Disney). Why some artists consider as Akira Toriyama and Tezuka Ozamu as cartoonists "Anime", and not "Manga" style.
Well, I also appreciate your comments, friend.
I have many pictures to post here yet.
Greetings:
Sergio Mengual.

Old 09 September 2012   #5
true i sometimes get faced with the same thing when drawing characters fight but i think planning it out at first should help you.

i think this is the pose you were trying to get http://www.posemaniacs.com/archives/1330
rotate it a bit by just click and hold and drag it either left or right.

as for trying to copy Akira's style i think you should try to get the likeness of the character rather than style because the way he might be drawing or moving his hand would be very different from yours.

if something in drawing is challenging you, its an opening for your skill to develop to new heights, just keep at it and you will get it, maybe a 2nd try would definately get what ya wanted

Crack a bottle!

Old 09 September 2012   #6
Originally Posted by rapxic: true i sometimes get faced with the same thing when drawing characters fight but i think planning it out at first should help you.

i think this is the pose you were trying to get http://www.posemaniacs.com/archives/1330

as for trying to copy Akira's style i think you should try to get the likeness of the character rather than style because the way he might be drawing or moving his hand would be very different from yours.

if something in drawing is challenging you, its an opening for your skill to develop to new heights, just keep at it and you will get it, maybe a 2nd try would definately get what ya wanted

WOW!!!Thanks Rapxic!!I Didnt Know this site...

Old 09 September 2012   #7
Originally Posted by rapxic: true i sometimes get faced with the same thing when drawing characters fight but i think planning it out at first should help you.

The issue is that I always do these drawings from my imagination, without using images such as POSEMANIACS guide.
But I admit that maybe I should open my mind to new techniques, there is nothing wrong with using a little help ... No?

Old 09 September 2012   #8
Originally Posted by Dragondeloeste: The issue is that I always do these drawings from my imagination, without using images such as POSEMANIACS guide.
But I admit that maybe I should open my mind to new techniques, there is nothing wrong with using a little help ... No?

the site was made as a free resource for all artist to reference poses from so its good, you can also have friends doing a fighting scene and snap a pic with your cam and reference or take different fight scenes from movies, helps you gain more brain power

Crack a bottle!

Old 09 September 2012   #9
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread