Life of Dupie Episode 1 Animation WIP

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2008
Life of Dupie Episode 1 Animation WIP

Hi, my name is Jorge Flores, I am a student animator and I have a concept idea called "Life of Dupie". I am currently trying to complete the rigs for the two characters, "Mr. Dupie" and "Flake". I will post up my concept art, animatic, and idea. Please feel free to coment on anything. I will continue to post up work as I go. This is my final project for the school and I will be moving on to Animation Mentors next year.

09 September 2008
I couldnt attach the animatic, so I just posted the storyboard. Its fairly rough, but there is some cuts that I did not include in the storyboard.

Attached Files
File Type: zip Story.zip (124.4 KB, 3 views)

09 September 2008
excellent planning on this, you seem to have it all figured out. the storyboard does have a feel of being a episode tho. guessing you have many more planned out? this one is relatively simple and seems like a good place to start off.

09 September 2008
Thanks, yeah its a lot of planning, only to do a mere 30 second animation. I just hope it comes out like how I plan it too. The facial animation will hopefully look really nice and organic

09 September 2008
Neat, I'll certainly be tracking your progress on this.

I hope no dialogue will be involved in this short animation, because I'm really hoping to see some convincing body and facial animation acted out.

The two characters look really cool. I can just imagine Dusty saying, "hello, I'm a mac" and Mr. Dupie following up with, "and I'm a PC", lol.

09 September 2008
Hehehe, thats funny. No there won't be dialogue, since this is noobish, it will be simple animation following the storyboard and done to my best potentials. Actually, thinking futuristically, if this were to be a cartoon series, I feel it could be done really nicely and it would be very entertaining and funny.

09 September 2008
Ok, so just finished some Mouth Blends, if its hard to see, basically i made a variety of frowns, smirks, smiles, sneers, and mouth twists..

09 September 2008
wow, you have put a lot of planning into this. I like the storyboard. It looks like it'll be very subtle animation, which isn't all that easy imo. I would also like to actually be able to see your mouth blends REALLY hard to see with that tiny little picture you posted

Look at my characters! and my website! and my portfolio!!

09 September 2008
storyboard looks funny, i shall keep an eye on this

09 September 2008
Yea the mouth blends pic i took was teeny tiny. I'll post up newer stuff as soon as I make more blend shapes and I will make the size larger. I just had to redo lots of things that costed me some days. So yeah, keep posted

09 September 2008
Alrighty just finished the eye blend shapes. Pretty cool stuff. Now im gonna make the facial interface controller.

09 September 2008
Here's a better view of the mouth blends.

09 September 2008
lol

That looks awesome, man. I really like his eye blends. Are your characters gonna talk or just make facial gestures?

09 September 2008
Okie dokie, just finished the face controller interface, and it works just fine! Had some problems here and there, but fixed it all. Now I am gonna move on to the next character.

09 September 2008
that face rig looks fun to use What is that around his head?

Thread Closed share thread