Deforming a plane(waves).

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2004
Deforming a plane(waves).

I really need to discover if its possiblke to make real bumb deformations or waves in a plane object that can be animated to simulate water waves. please if anyone knows a great way to do this let me know. please!

04 April 2004
Jenna2 (cidertank.com) includes the Nickl Plugin which can do this. There was a free version of Nickl available--perhaps check the plugin cafe.

Christopher Mills had this site up a few years back--still looks active:

http://www.lizardlounge.com/keyframe/files.html

Also there is the plugin "Add the sea"--I think its on a German site called Motion Gimmick.

Otherwise, the flag deformer or just sla materials in the deformation channel will do it--with a little bit of work.

04 April 2004
thanks

Do the others work with C$D scenes. ill see if flag actually deforms the plane.Suppose i had two planes that where deformed and i wanted to simulate waves by making them alternate on the "y" axis(one up the one down), how would i tell C4D to do this throughout say a 400 frame anim? No need to answer if too strNGE.tHANKS.I WILL STILL APPRECIATE FURTHER SUGGESTIONS ON THIS TOPIC.PEACE.

04 April 2004
Re: thanks

Quote: Originally posted by cafe
how would i tell C4D to do this throughout say a 400 frame anim?

You can't. Cinema 4D is limited to animations of 100 frames. For the moment, you'll have to render 4 separate 100-frame animations and combine them in something like Shake.

Hopefully this limitation will be dealt with in R9.

thorn

04 April 2004
Now Now Thorn....

(smiley added for that feel good effect)

Last edited by JoelDubin : 04 April 2004 at 01:31 AM.

04 April 2004
at least cinema has those 100 frames now! do you remember the 1-frame-each-scene-setup in V5?

04 April 2004
thorns got a point, for one of the ones whose made such a ruckus about lack of docs and support, he hasn't looked in that manual at all, top three posts are all his and all answerable in the MANUAL, I might also add without looking at addendums either.

04 April 2004
i beg to differ

For example one person was kind enough to suggest a plugin that is not listed in the manual for making waves.is it alright with you if one asks questions.or do you need to be hostile/

04 April 2004
Thorn i thought i said.

Thorn I thought i said if the post does not interest you do not reply.But you persist.Cant you go answer or offend someone else.

Thread Closed share thread