When I run it, the icon bounces on the dock for a minute, then it comes to a rest. No splash screen, no GUI, nothing happens other than the appearance of the icon. When I right-click on it, it tell me the program is unresponsive, and I can Force Quit it.
I've had 2012 installed, and that still runs fine.
Also, "maya -batch" does give me a prompt (and I've confirmed that it's 2013's prompt).
Here's what I've tried in terms of troubleshooting:
- Repairing disk permissions
- Reinstalling on top of the current installation
- Deleting 2013 and reinstalling
- Deleting 2013, 2012, and every possible reference to "autodesk" and "maya" on the whole machine and reinstalling
- Deleting everything again, but using the 2013 SP2 installer.
No matter what I do, the result is always exactly the same. I feel like the only thing I haven't tried is actually formatting the computer, but I really, really don't want to go that far. Does anyone have any insight into what could be wrong?