CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > MARI: Texture Challenge 2012
Login register
reply share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 11-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #61
DarrenB
portfolio
Darren Bennett
West Midlands, United Kingdom

Mike,
I've started a thread as you suggested, but I cannot get the Maya or Mari Archive files to upload.
Could you please tell me how to do it because I am probably doing something wrong.
Is it possible that they are just too large? If so, how can I get these files to you for judging? I have spent the few hours trying to upload them but nothing happens.
I was also wondering if these files will be accessible to anyone or just the judges?
Cheers
Darren

Old 11-20-2012, 11:51 PM   #62
Keenly
Administrator

CGSociety Staff
portfolio
Rhys Jenkin
Website Admin & Development
CGSociety
Adelaide,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenB
Is it possible that they are just too large? If so, how can I get these files to you for judging?
Yes, it sounds like the files will be too large to upload as an attachment. if you want to share files I suggest uploading them to a third party website (e.g. www.4shared.com or www.dropbox.com). You can post the link to the file in the forum as a link or as text in the description of your challenge entry.

note: the files are not a required part of the challenge.

Old 11-22-2012, 12:27 AM   #63
MikeHepburn
A liker of stuff

CGSociety Staff
portfolio
Mike Hepburn
Santa of Swag
Australia

Let the judging begin!

Thank you all so much for taking part. There are a lot of high quality images to look through, so judging may take some time. I'll keep you all posted.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #64
Jarad
Jaradv

portfolio
Jarad Vincent
Character Artist
Boss Key Productions
Raleigh, USA

I've been looking around and I seem to be missing the date for when winners will be announced, does anyone know when that is?

I also have a question regarding the Terms and Conditions.
On the Terms and Conditions page it has listed:

4. Entrants commit to notify Ballistic Media in writing at least one week prior to the publication of their work in any media.

5. Other than the rights assigned in the preceding clauses entrants retain copyright of all entered materials and are free to use said materials for personal promotions.

So is it OK for us to post our images on sites like CGHub, GameArtisans, CGSociety, would that be considered publishing it in media, where we need to contact Ballistic Media first? or would that just be considered using materials for personal promotions since they are our portfolio pages?
Thanks in advance! Also congrats to everyone who finished! The images looked great especially for most people not using the program before, like me, it seems we all learned a lot from the competition.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:13 AM   #65
MikeHepburn
A liker of stuff

CGSociety Staff
portfolio
Mike Hepburn
Santa of Swag
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarad
I've been looking around and I seem to be missing the date for when winners will be announced, does anyone know when that is?

I also have a question regarding the Terms and Conditions.
On the Terms and Conditions page it has listed:

4. Entrants commit to notify Ballistic Media in writing at least one week prior to the publication of their work in any media.

5. Other than the rights assigned in the preceding clauses entrants retain copyright of all entered materials and are free to use said materials for personal promotions.

So is it OK for us to post our images on sites like CGHub, GameArtisans, CGSociety, would that be considered publishing it in media, where we need to contact Ballistic Media first? or would that just be considered using materials for personal promotions since they are our portfolio pages?
Thanks in advance! Also congrats to everyone who finished! The images looked great especially for most people not using the program before, like me, it seems we all learned a lot from the competition.

Hi Jarad,

The judges are still judging. I'm hoping to make an announcement soon, but there are some incredibly awesome renders, so I'm standing out of the way and letting the experts argue it out.

Posting on portfolio sites is perfectly fine!

Cheers, Mike

Old 12-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #66
MikeHepburn
A liker of stuff

CGSociety Staff
portfolio
Mike Hepburn
Santa of Swag
Australia

And the winners of the MARI Texture Challenge 2012 are…

reply share thread