nhmchallenge David Edwards

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2007
Cheers mate, long time no see will we get an entry from you any time soon?

I'll be updating in the next day or so.

Cheers, Dave.

04 April 2007
Hey guys,

I'm still trying to crack the multi cam projection thing.

Here's the test files that i'm working with:

http://www.yousendit.com/download/TEhVSU5CZEtiV3pIRGc9PQ

I feel so close but i still can't seem to get it right.

Notice in frame 1 the odd grey shape in the shadows, and the last frame speaks for itself, i'm trying to mask this part out.

Hope someone can take a look and point me in the right direction

Cheers - Dave.

04 April 2007
can't help in max i'm afraid :( ...if i'm not working this w/e i might take a visit to the museum and possibly start the challenge....

04 April 2007
ooohhhh ur concept looks gooood... ..could u pls look at my concept if u have the time n give me some C&C ...thanks

04 April 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by everlite
Howdy

Yeh i agree, love the concept, looks really well, nice lighting, directs quite well. The main issue as mentioned above is the perspective of the two walls, the right side needs pulling back in, you could potentially break away the whole right side and just have that wall open. Really like the use of the lower levels, works well, though a little distorted.

On a final note, remember to try and be as photo-realistic as possible, also note the ratio/size needs to be more appropriate to matte painting

Good luck - Dave.

Hey Dave thanks for the feedback .....just want to clarify some of ur suggessions...what do u mean by 'just have an open wall' do u mean not have any architectre n just the caves rock face? Also what is the ratio/size of a matte I not know wat it is.

04 April 2007
Oh! Love your "greenhouse"!
Sooo... When will we bw seeing the next concept?

04 April 2007
Hi thanks,

Greenhouse I'll be updating shortly. I've had two things i had to get sorted over the last week, one's well and truely sorted and the second, an issue with my website is in the process of getting resolved.

Once my websites back up and running in the next few days i'll be steaming my way back on track

ferraosnehal:

By open wall i mean literally take it away, only the right side that is Only a suggestion though. The ratio/size of matte varies but something around the following widescreen formats is recommended:

2048 x 1107 (1.85:1 ratio)

2048 x 871 - (2.35:1 ratio)

Though sometimes i've heard people saying they prefer to see full-ap at 2048 x 1556 for portfolios and demo reels.

Cheers -Dave.

04 April 2007
oh ....so is it k if i have it verticle? Im guessing not...but do let me know 'coz then my composition will have to change

04 April 2007
I think it is not a problem to let it vertical as long as in step 4 u'll do a vertical pan at 16:9 ratio- from top to bottom or reverse.

05 May 2007
awesome. I think that a water element and this architecture really work well together.

05 May 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread