Asus nvidia GTX 690 Graphics card advice

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

01 January 2013
Asus nvidia GTX 690 Graphics card advice

Does anybody use the Asus Nvidia GTX 690 Graphics card with Maya? If so does it improve the performance of Maya? I have this card but am not sure if it is worth using as I am not a game player but a CGI animator and would like to know whether or not this will benefit me.

Thanks

01 January 2013
well , if you use 3ds max that it based on directx you almost dont see the difference BUT if you use OPENGL application well its another level because in the OPENGL 3d world geforce its garbage in performance compared to the quadro soo if you want really good performance and you have the money and use opengl application like maya buy quadro

01 January 2013
Hard to say if you don't post your current graphics card specs...
From the performance side the 690 should be good.

The quadro/geforce discussion is another thing, but I for myself decided to never ever buy a quadro again. I use Maya the whole day long with CAD data and other stuff. Currently on a Geforce GTX 660 Ti with no problems at all. Despite of some UI glitches I mentioned in another thread. But I think are not related to the graphics card, though.

01 January 2013
well he ask if he sould buy geforce 690 when even quadro 2000 will kill in preformace the geforce 690 . and if he upgrade to geforce 690 he will not notice a big change but to quadro yes. and thats the reason that i said that

it all depand on the size of the scene that he work.

01 January 2013
Quadro 2000 is crap, they're way overpriced for what you get, low amount of memory and a much slower speed.

I would think, that probably Maya can't take advantage of a GTX 690 because it is a dual-GPU card, 3ds Max definitely can't, at least for the viewport, it would only be able to use one GPU.

01 January 2013
Thank you for this breaking Cg News topic.

01 January 2013
Originally Posted by darthviper107: Quadro 2000 is crap, they're way overpriced for what you get, low amount of memory and a much slower speed.

I would think, that probably Maya can't take advantage of a GTX 690 because it is a dual-GPU card, 3ds Max definitely can't, at least for the viewport, it would only be able to use one GPU.

yes you right the only problem that the quadro 2000 have its memory but slower in maya ????

do you have quadro?? oo you look the benchmarks?? quadro 2000 in opengl is far far a way in preformance in maya check before you write wrong facts .

and yes its overprices you right but he said that we wont play games and quadro 690 its cost more than quadro 200 (you can check that) and yes you right its have low memory (just 1GB) .

the only thing that 690 faster then the quadro its directx application and games and cuda based application.

dont believe me . check it yourself.

AND WHY ITS IN THE NEWS TOPIC????

reply share thread