Michael5188
another mime

portfolio
Michael Sime
animator/rigger
NYC, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta-Ve
This looks really bad in my opinion. The characters, the setting, the acting, and even the effects. Nothing about the trailer makes me want to see it. In fact the posters have the complete opposite effect on me. Good GOD those posters are BAD.

I will be very surprised if this does well.

Yeah, I'm not seeing what people are excited about here... I didn't really get what was even going on. He loses his powers, and then they hint at him never getting them back, and then he's fighting a bunch of random people.

I don't know, didn't give me chills or excited like the Iron Man 3 trailer.

www.MichaelSime.com

Old 03-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #17
Hooch
Back 2 Basics

portfolio
Miguel Chajtur
Freelancer
Santiago, Chile

Send a message via MSN to Hooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthviper107
I hate the storylines where they lose their powers

I hate video games where you lose all your powers!

Anyway, how many Wolverine movies do we need?

I just survived an 8.8 earthquake, that experience I'll take it to my grave.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #18
Apoclypse
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke
If he looses his healing powers, and his claws come out, wont the holes that they come from go all septic?

*written in the comic book guy voice*

Well in the comic book after Magneto was able to extract the adamantium from Wolverine's body, his healing factor was affected so that it didn't work properly and when you see the first instance of the bone claws Wolverine can't heal when he tries to retract the claws. I think shortly after that we got the feral wolverine (which I hated).

* Also written in comic book guy voice.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:45 PM   #19
teruchan
Skeleton Man

portfolio
Terrence Walker
The Last King
of Scotland
Shanghai, China

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliseu gouveia
So I'm not the only one!

Definitely NOT the only one. I am so sick of that, having not even seen the trailer I don't want to watch it. Constantly losing powers ruined Heroes for me.

Edit: Changed my mind. Finally saw the trailer. TOTALLY want to see this.
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!

Last edited by teruchan : 03-29-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:11 AM   #20
Darkherow
Expert
portfolio
W Lee
United Kingdom

I guess writers just like the idea of Superheroes losing their powers because it shows they can be vulnerable. They also want to show the hero lose the battle without their powers and need them back to be able to win. And the whole what if they didn't have powers. These themes are just overly used and cliched , that's why they get old, predictable and boring.

I'm just wondering one thing, after so many X-men movies and a Wolverine origin movie, I have yet to see Wolverine in his iconic yellow costume. Is really too hard to portray wolverine in the costume or do the creators think it's too silly?

Old 03-30-2013, 01:07 AM   #21
scrawford
Frequenter
Sarah
Orlado, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkherow
I guess writers just like the idea of Superheroes losing their powers because it shows they can be vulnerable. They also want to show the hero lose the battle without their powers and need them back to be able to win. And the whole what if they didn't have powers. These themes are just overly used and cliched , that's why they get old, predictable and boring.

I'm just wondering one thing, after so many X-men movies and a Wolverine origin movie, I have yet to see Wolverine in his iconic yellow costume. Is really too hard to portray wolverine in the costume or do the creators think it's too silly?

Its lazy writing. Smallville gave nearly every bad guy kryptonyte to cheaply add tension. They are superheroes.. taking there power to create the drama is lazy and cheap. They arent creative enough to raise the stakes to the superheros world, so instead they just bring the superhero briefly into our world. So bummed they are doing this... Hopefully its a 15 minute 1 off about how his power cant be stopped and they move on.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:28 AM   #22
fablefox
Lord of the posts
portfolio
Azhar Mat Zin
Fable Fox
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrawford
Its lazy writing. Smallville gave nearly every bad guy kryptonyte to cheaply add tension. They are superheroes.. taking there power to create the drama is lazy and cheap. They arent creative enough to raise the stakes to the superheros world, so instead they just bring the superhero briefly into our world. So bummed they are doing this... Hopefully its a 15 minute 1 off about how his power cant be stopped and they move on.

Actually its done pretty well, to add tension and all, IMHO. The reason is that the writer is given almost unstoppable hero in the first place. The reason things get interesting is when how he solve is really a part of even bigger story line. Specially season two and above, after people complain how "monster of the week"-ish the first season. But first season is not bad at all.

And the reason "every bad guy kriptonite" come from the main series storyline. Clark was dropped in a hail of krypton metorite. The same meteorite causes human to become supervillain. So in order for the series writer to go about, they have to play that card.

But not all villain uses meterorite. Lionel Luthor, for example, lied about still blind (and managed to fool both clark and martha), and how he get Chloe phone hacked and leave a message there.

I think its well done. The series wasn't as good as once miles and miller(?) leave, but the rest
I think is OK.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:28 AM   #23
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread