Problem exporting from Maya to MotionBuilder

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2008
Problem exporting from Maya to MotionBuilder

Hello everyone,

I just started learning how to use Motion Builder, and I'm trying to import a rigged model from Maya, but everytime i try exporting, it displays the following warning:
"The plug-in has found the following skin definition problems :
Unable to find the bind pose for : / Reference. No bind poses in the hierarchy containing the object will be exported."
I'm using the FBX 200611 plug-in, Maya 2008 64-bit version, and motion Builder 7.5.

Also, if I open the FBX file in Motion Builder, my character is really tiny, and the joints are very big in comparison, so they look like they're almost overlapping.

Please note that I am using the Motion Builder joint naming conventions correctly in Maya.

Could anyone help me please? Thanks a lot.

04 April 2008
hi, first you can just ignore the bind pose issue or reset mayas bind pose and or delete the bindpose in maya.

the joint size is a propertiy that can be adjusted once in motionbuilder, just select all the joints and look in the prop. editor and adjust the size to be smaller. does not affect anything, just like joint radius in maya.

04 April 2008
WORKS!!
even the warning is gone, but that was after i scaled everything up in Maya. Anyways,thanks a lot, that was really helpful!

04 April 2008
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread