Meet the Artist: Grant Freckelton, Animal Logic

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2007   #61
Grant

Alot of questions come to mind but everyone asked most of them already. So my question is.....hmmm. What are you doing right now that makes you so busy? I have always wondered what a director of a film does after his movie is released. lol I'll ask another question here in a few days when I can think of a good one that deals more on the VFX side of it lol.

Anthony J. Thomas

Old 03 March 2007   #62
Question about the spearheads. I noticed several CU shots where a full frame spearhead would lunge at camera covered in blood, nice soft focus in background. were those shots practical or cg?

i kept going back and forth in my head about how they were done, because it would be pretty easy to do them cg since they were already modeled and textured for other shots, but it would also be easy to have an insert unit get a nice tight shot of a practical spear covered in stage blood. that brings up another question, was there an insert/2nd unit on the film picking up shots like that?

thanks, and loved the film.

Old 03 March 2007   #63
Time gentlemen!

Thank you everyone for the questions you have posted on this Meet the Artist with Grant Freckelton.

And a very great thanks for Grant Freckelton for bringing the ideas and answers across so well.

Thread Closed share thread