How to start...?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2006   #1
How to start...?

(This is one of the character design I drew)

Hi guys,
I've looked up most of the forums on site and I hope I am posting this thread on right section...

Im a newbie to drawing with computers, so I have some problems that need you guys' help...(thanks!) I am on project making a small flash game that is Metal-Slug like (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Slug) game, just in chinese style and added in some fighting combo features. Well... thats not the problem, the problem I am having is that I don't know how to cover off the pencil lines by using the pen tool in photoshop... or I just simply trace the lines again with tablet? My original idea is to sketch each pictures on paper and scan into comp, but that way I can't make all the character sizes constant... In the case that I have to draw 3,4 pictures for each action I need to keep all the character size same. I also tried to draw directly on comp by tablet but it is so hard to use. Where my pen points usually not the spot i wannted on computer; it feels so frustrated.

So, is there anyway that could solve my problem? recommanded tablet? (I forgot which brand the tablet is, but it is pretty old that I remember) Other ways that I could draw the pictures?

* I might not deliver my message well, but I hope you guys could understand

Thanks

Old 09 September 2006   #2
yangtsur,

There's a very good Workshop / Tutorial here to help you get used to working with a tablet:

Digital Painting: Tips and Techniques for Beginners With David René, Matellis, LotekK

I really recommend that you try the exercises. Also, I highly recommend getting a small Wacom tablet, they're really the best. You can purchase the smallest size tablet for around $100.00 US.

Also, I recommend that you participate in our ongoing Workshop:

Anatomy Lesson Series: Body Part 2 - The Torso

The best way to get practice is to do a lot of work, and I wouldn't miss this opportunity to practice figurative drawing / painting (either digital or traditional) within a group setting.

Cheers,

-Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 09 September 2006   #3
Thanks alot, Rebeccak!
The links you provided really helped me in getting comfortable with tablet.
Thanks!

Old 09 September 2006   #4
yangtsur,

You're welcome - I hope to see some of your torso studies.

Cheers,

-Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 09 September 2006   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread