Redshift with C4D - transform texture coordinates?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

3 Weeks Ago
Redshift with C4D - transform texture coordinates?

Any of you Redshift users out there know how to transform texture coordinates when using Redshift? The material tag UV coordinates is not working for me, which is how I usually do it.

I have a river object in my scene and want to animate the noise texture along the UV coordinates. I've tried using the RS Noise node and also with the C4D Shader to use a native noise, but can not seem to get it to offset within UV space.

Thanks for any pointers, if any.

3 Weeks Ago
I didn't find a way within the redshift nodes, but I can do it using a C4D shader with noise and a layer shader using the "transform" effect on one of the layers.

This will add a little bit of overhead because the renderer will have to bake the C4D noise on each frame first.

Still looking for a redshift-native way to do it, but this should get me by for now.

3 Weeks Ago
however, as it turns out, the "transform" effect layer's properties don't appear to be animatable.

urgh.

3 Weeks Ago
stupid question: have you tried setting the texture tag to something like flat or cubic, then animating the offset?

3 Weeks Ago
There are no stupid questions.

Unfortunately it's ignoring the coordinates in the texture tag altogether. So it's got to be something within the redshift texturing system that will do it. Just haven't found it yet.

3 Weeks Ago
The noise node coordinates tab does it for me.

Cheers
Anders

3 Weeks Ago
the noise node coordinates tab is only showing "overall Scale" and "scale"...no position information. How are you sliding a texture along x or y (u or v)?

I'm not looking to scale the texture, but to offset its position in UV space.

3 Weeks Ago
Odd, I have an Offset in there. Are you running the latest version 2.5.44?

3 Weeks Ago
I'm running the latest trial, which may not be the absolute latest. Anyway, I just solved my "problem". I can use C4D noises and use their internal animation settings. When I tried that before I was looking at it through the IPR which tiles a low res version...rendering to picture viewer recalculates for every frame, so it's working as expected.

And if the offset coordinates are there in the release version then it'd work for internal RS Noise node as well.

Thanks!

reply share thread