The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Lars Götze

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

03 March 2006
Nice to meet you here duracel. I love the idea of the picture - flying galeons. It allready starts looking great.
  05 May 2006
Coloring WIP: Airship - Step 7

Well, here is just a contest going on, am i right?

Well, i think i have to hurry this time ... ;)

Well, i dind't give up, it was just a mixture of "no time"(or concentration on other things) and a feeling i missed something i couldn't see ... so i needed a bit distance ... well, was also thinking of totally redo this picture.
Now, its not that much time left, and i have to finish it till Friday morning, because im away this weekend.

And don't like to give up ... sorry, mates! :D

(Edit: ups, forget to flip it again ... well, anyway)

Last edited by Duracel : 05 May 2006 at 08:20 AM.
  05 May 2006
Line Art: Airship - Step 8

It's going round! :)

Some notes:
The two men standing around facing the child to show their relationship and to lead the focus to the child .. also i try to make the child look like the father(same haircolor, same coat - still not clear enough)
Also i put the rising moon into the picture to get light and highest contrast somewhere around the child, to lead the focus from the overall view to that area.

Well, im quite happy with this direction now, and im sure i will handle all minor problems. ... sometimes tight deadlines push the best out of yourself. :)
  05 May 2006
Man to finish THAT in such a short time is nothing short of daredevilish! I wish you good luck on the crunchtime!

And get this barrel on the crane seperated form the ship's hull. The way it is now does look "uncomfortable".
¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!
  05 May 2006
Coloring WIP: Airship - Step 9

Im going more and more into detailing ... nothing special.

Thanks to you, Daniel ... the position of the barrel wasn't fix, but you make me think about that and i guess its way better now. :)
  05 May 2006
Nice progress, the details on the balloon. my only advice would be to watch out for your focus/composition.. make sure the ballons don't take too much of the attention and flow well with the rest.

good luck duracel!

Une charmante bergère et un petit ramoneur de rien du tout!
  05 May 2006
Coloring WIP: Airship - Step 10

Didn't worked all day and night - big mistake ... time flies ... i won't get it to somewhat you can call finish.
Still too many parts i cannot rush ... where i have to concentrate on form and work in mind not just stupid detail repeating exercise on the balloons texture or something ... and for sure, there is no time left for overall adjustments of lighting and color, to get it all together to a winning piece.

I sure will finish it, but not in time.
And of course i wish i did it in time; and if it'll be finished ... even more!
Anyway, im no magician and i've learned my lesson, i guess. ;)
Just re-checked-in a bit tooo late.

But count on me on the next contest; i'll come back then.

I wish you all good luck for the judgement!
  05 May 2006
Keep going. Post what you've got at the end. This is too nice to let pass. Excellent work.
My Website

05 May 2006
This is really pretty.. I hope you can finish it in time.. Great entry like this shouldnt miss the deadline, anyway.. all the best!!
My The Journey Begins Challenge
  05 May 2006
speedpaint for win.

That first sketch is soo cool.

I've been following you for a couple of years... and you got the attitude that i think will take you veery far(llooks awesome as we speak too!)... and the best thing is.. i think you're completely aware of it! haha

Stay cool.
If you build it, he will come -
  05 May 2006
It's a great image. Sad to see you didn't have enough time to devote to it, but I hope you'll keep going on it and post it at some point when it's finished. Good luck!

Michael Dashow
My web site / My art on Facebook
  05 May 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread