Don't be Afraid

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

09 September 2014
Don't be Afraid

DON'T BE AFRAID

Hello,

my name is Marlon. Im working on a personal project based on the great ilustration from the talented Korean Ilustrator/Concept Artist, Kim Kyounghwan.

Here you have the ilustration:

http://www.tahraart.com/liz.htm

I started the project a couple of months ago using my spare time. The original idea came from see the ilustration, and see how far I can go from a simple image. The plan is to have a little animation, maybe a teaser....but defently recreate the world that Kim drew, but in 3D.

As an ispiration for the girl I took as a reference Glen Keane, great animator and artist. The main point is to do her as much Disney as possible

For Tools Im using Maya 2015, Arnold Render Engine, Zbrush and Mari.

Hope you guys like it, and as a progress dont hesitate to comment and critique as much as you want.

Cheers

09 September 2014
Looks really good!
If I had to nitpick then I miss eyelids on the girl and she seems to have no knees. That is probably a style choice though.

Well done.

09 September 2014
Originally Posted by Kanga: Looks really good!
If I had to nitpick then I miss eyelids on the girl and she seems to have no knees. That is probably a style choice though.

Well done.

Thanks Kanga. In fact the eyelids are modeled, is just that wont be obvious in a "poker face" expression. Is dont in purpose as you said, Im basing her desings on little Anna from "Frozen", Im trying to share same poings in both stetics

http://25.media.tumblr.com/96524e43...zby5o2_1280.jpg

Regarding knees, is a personal choice. But Im feeling now like giving here some leggins, so probably will update that.

Thanks for the critique!

09 September 2014
Textures and shaders test from the Monster. I like to keep both characters progress along.

09 September 2014
This looks interesting. I'll follow it!

10 October 2014
Really good news, I just finished bot Rigs for the main characters. Rigs are working good, and implemented some dynamics on it.

For the monster Rig Im using the Flexi Plane pipeline for the spine, so is possible to streach it, twist it, etc....really cool stuff.

Im now heading up towards animations tests. So will have them moving soon.

Once Im happy the plan is to start building up the forest and assets.

Cheers to everyone

12 December 2014
Hello guys,

I finished all the RIGs for the girl and the monster, and created a little animation as an opening for my website for fun. The final idea is to have a full teaser, with the 3D environment.

Below you can see the final video and the MAKING OFF, if you guys are interested in see how 3D animation was done

Hope you guys like it!

12 December 2014
This is quite nice
Keep up!

12 December 2014
It looks like you're a freaking powerful generalist! Every aspect of this job looks like made by a specialized pro. Very impressive, man!

12 December 2014
This is really awesome!!!

12 December 2014
Hey! This is really funny.
No just only the animation, but also the footage.

My Basics Mel Scripts
~{xbo_::_Scripts}~

12 December 2014
Thanks guys for the encouraging words! Soon I will start sculpting the scenario, forest and assets...still a lot of research to do

12 December 2014
Congratulations, the animation looks great! Looking forward to see it finished (Enhorabuena! )

12 December 2014
I Love it.

12 December 2014
Talking

You have done a good job. well done!

reply share thread