Maxon Updater very slow downloads

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

10 October 2017
Maxon Updater very slow downloads

I am getting around 60 -70 KBs from the Maxon server when I attempt to download the big Studio Content Browser update. This then means I am looking at 15 or so hours for the download to complete. This can't be right. I have tested my connection and that is not the problem. Getting very healthy Up and Download speeds. Is there another way to get this Content from Maxon directly?

10 October 2017
Originally Posted by rsquires: I am getting around 60 -70 KBs from the Maxon server when I attempt to download the big Studio Content Browser update. This then means I am looking at 15 or so hours for the download to complete. This can't be right. I have tested my connection and that is not the problem. Getting very healthy Up and Download speeds. Is there another way to get this Content from Maxon directly?
I am glad to see I'm not the only one. I thought it was my connection, it too tested just fine. I have very fast broadband and I was getting anywhere from 100 - 350kbs. I tried yesterday morning, friday 13th, it started out at 5,600 kbs for about 90 seconds then slowed down to 1,100 kbs and stayed there throughout the download. while that is still a good speed, in the past I've usually run about 8,000 kbs for the down loads.

reply share thread