I'm new to this... (nudity)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2007
Well, to create realistic folds the theory says to understand what there's under them.

I wrote "the theory" cause I still have to understand it

07 July 2007
Thanks Serena! I try to apply that theory everytime I work with clothes... I guess I just need more practice.

Here's a quick update before I go into the weekend. I just sketched in the staff:

07 July 2007
Hello! Long time no see
You're doing something really different from what I've seen. Lots of elements in there, will be a lot of fun to paint! I'm eagerly looking forward to your progress through this one. Everything looks great for now

07 July 2007
Totally agree with Shreya. It's a really interesting work, can't wait to see how you develop it.

Looking forward for updates!

Marķa

07 July 2007
Iridyse: tell me about it. i've been buried under tons of work! :(

Blessing: thanks! i'm hoping i can keep the updates flowing.

I'm making a different approach this time. I'm trying to experiment with methods of coloring only... i don't know how people paint with greyscale first. Whatever here I am doing the greyscale anyway. :P

Okay so far line art's done and I'm working on values... trying to establish the maximum darks before I go into the lighter parts... maybe establish my maximum range for the values. Currently the idea for the background is to have smoke from something burning... maybe I'll put in a tank wreckage or something. The ground looks funny... hopefully I can experiment on that later. Oh and I'm feeling a bit iffy about the borders too... it makes me feel like it goes into a wide expanse of ... nothingness. lolz

Well till next update! My eyeses hurts. X(

07 July 2007
Ohh well in this step I can help you a little

You wrote the right thing : set up the maximum value range. The point is how do you find it? In my practice I've learnt that the most useful thing is to fix the light.
1. choose the number of light sources
2. for each source select the kind of light (direct, "spot light", diffuse etc etc), its intensity and its position.

If it helps you, you can also create a layer an put on it the "spots" that identify the sources. This will allow you to "trace" the light's lines and to think about how the light ray hits the surface of the object you are painting.

Can't wait to see updates !

07 July 2007
Thanks Serena! That breaks things down to a much more streamlined approach. Definitely helpful.

Let's see if I can post some progress tomorrow.

07 July 2007
Can't wait !

07 July 2007
Cool work on values! I can't wait for your next update!

Serena gave us (yes, I'm including myself) a great advice! I'll try to do that too. So, if you put it in practise, please, give us the details about it!

Cheers!

Marķa

07 July 2007
Looking really good so far! I also cant wait to see what you will implement next!!

Great job! Cant wait to see more !

07 July 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread