Linda's thread of… stuff (nudity)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2007
Originally Posted by ManlyCrab: Cause in all the posts you seem very happy to degrade her in a form of polite manner. Maybe you dont notice it yourself..

Taking another look at my posts, I do agree on that. I guess I'm a bit angry that I came off that way, so I do apologize for that, as well as any inconvience my post may have caused, and again, I await a reply from Linda on this matter.

01 January 2007
Originally Posted by slickgreekgeo: You must be extremely gullible if you think she painted that from scratch. Actually no, y ou're just plain stupid or ****in retarted. I'm guessing a little of both.

Well, nobody ever accused me of being a genius. Then again,

Originally Posted by slickgreekgeo: I'm not sure if this is a photopart or just a ref, but it looks strikingly similar. I'll wait for Linda's response.

Originally Posted by slickgreekgeo: why do some think I'm maligning her?

Originally Posted by slickgreekgeo: she lies about it; I think that's very disrespectful to her fans, myself included.
stealing (yes, because that's what is is) from photos that she doesn't own the copyright to
the fact that she lies
lying to you about their working methods and profiting from them

01 January 2007
RebeccaK, not long ago I was a rabid defender of Linda, (she'd been one of my fav artist technique-wise for over 5 years), throwing around "yall are pathetic and jealous" and trying to insult the so-called 'attackers'.
But seriously.
Did it occur to you that they've got Linda's fans in mind here? People truly believe, through rational study and consideration of evidence, that something isn't quite right with Linda's claims. Truly, there's nothing nasty or vicious there. Just a 'hrmmm' feeling

I always thought Linda was the most lovely, perfectly curteous artist and could certainly do no wrong. Every new post was a OOOHH! moment.
Of course evidence is subjective and nothing's has been or probably will be proven either way, but all the stuff that's come up lately has made me change my mind.
I still think she's a lovely, curteous lady and a very skilled artist (funnily enough it's her least realistic stuff and sketches I always like/d best) but her art isn't the breathtaking thing it once was to me - and what she may want it to appear to viewers, so skilled and unbelievably realistic that it's breathtaking - hence the alleged little white, err, grayish lies.

Slickgreekgeo has publically admitted that he once did paintovers but has moved onwards and upwards, I highly doubt he has anything to hide here.

Lowtekk, if the numerousreference images you use are in fact being painted over (down to the very smudges and imperfections), then yeah, you really should be crediting every last one of them.

Someone pointed out to me in a PM a lil while ago, "reference [which is what Linda has said is the extent of her use of external images] means to "refer" or "consult"; not to, copy, mimic or paint-over", as has seemingly certainly been done in this image. And if it has only been done in one image, one time, that's still one lie, and kinda unnacceptable.

01 January 2007
thirstle thirstle thirstle... unacceptable? one lie? Where is the lie?

Thirstle stop making this out to be such a huge thing, you are obviously not putting this into perspective well enough, you sound genuinely angry, like she has stabbed you in the back or something...

And slick is just as insane on this topic.

This post by slickgreekgeo may contain offensive material. Click here to view it.

01 January 2007
Yep. That's enough bickering. If Linda wishes to have this thread reopened, then she's welcome to have that done.

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by Rebeccak : 01 January 2007 at 05:49 AM.

Thread Closed share thread