Frequenter
portfolio
juan carlos nuñez
3d modeler
Chile

Send a message via MSN to dunkel
Arrow JC nunez (Dunkel) sketchbook

Hello!

Long time without posting!, I passed the last and a half year dealing with different personal issues that made me leave aside my passion, sculpt!

happily I´m returning to the path , now I feel very motivated to improve my work and go an step further in my carrer. so I taked a course with Kris Costa at Visualarium, and wow, what can I say, it´s being a very great experience so far, with a awesome group of people and a lot of knowledge to learn, and a lot of work to do.

we are at the middle of the program right now, so I want to show my progress here to collect even more helpful critiques. (also I posted at ZbrushCentral).

a little brief of my course project:

at the begining of the course, I discovered "die antwoord", a VERY controversial and disturbing south african band (with very catchy songs , a fresh and stylish look and a lot of bad words). maybe at a first glance you can find it shocking and hollow, but watching their videos a second chance, I think their work have a deep conceptual structure with symbolisms of south african cultures mixed with a badass sense of humor

well, in matter of tastes... (don´t judge me, is not the only kind of music that I listen )

this image is an inspirational/references board with some ingredients that I want to evocate. Beside Yolandi Visser (the singer), I´d like to include some elements from cyberpunk style, like ranxerox, gunnm and tanaka´s works.

this will be not necessarily a portrait, but I want to do something that evokes the energy and provocative proposal from the band.

progress images:
Character based on Yolandi Visser

this will be not the final pose, is more like a test pose homework (based on Scott Eaton work)

face and expression WIP

I´m refining the facial expression and working in the hair style, so more progress is coming.

JC

Old 05-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
AJ1
User

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
A J
Indiana, USA

Very neat! I really like the unique style. Looking forward to seeing more.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:17 AM   #3
dunkel
Frequenter
portfolio
juan carlos nuñez
3d modeler
Chile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1
Very neat! I really like the unique style. Looking forward to seeing more.

AJ thanks!, soon I will post some yolandi´s character updates, in the meantime I´m working in a hard surface project:

Old 06-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #4
Artdigital
3d Enthusiast
portfolio
Danny Robinson
London, United Kingdom

In your section 'face and expression WIP' the facial expression on image 2 reminds me of Sigourney Weaver in Alien3.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:44 AM   #5
dunkel
Frequenter
portfolio
juan carlos nuñez
3d modeler
Chile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artdigital
In your section 'face and expression WIP' the facial expression on image 2 reminds me of Sigourney Weaver in Alien3.

ha!, you are right, yesterday, a coworker said me the same, anyway, I´m still working in the likeness

here is a update of her face and hairstyle:

Old 06-19-2013, 04:44 AM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread