Asking for advise about digital art schools

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2010   #1
Asking for advise about digital art schools

Hi everyone .I'm an Egyptian student in the faculty of fine arts,Helwan university Egypt .I'll be a graduate next year .I'm studying sinography and art directory .Iíve been working as a freelancer in different jobs as storyboards , comics and matte painting for the last 2 years .Iím very interested in being a concept artist in the field of games and animated movies .

I was asking should i try to apply in a school in usa or uk that would provide more professional experience in that field or just stick with me own degree and apply directly for jobs ?

Is it easy to get a scholarship in a school?and what schools do you advise ?shoud i go for a one year programme or 3 years

does having a good portfolio is enough for companies to hire you ?

Please advice ,thanks

Old 07 July 2010   #2
Hi davinci247, im still a newbie in the 3D arts world, but I will be applying soon to the Gnomon School of Visual Arts. That school does not offer a degree so it was a concern to me that I might have trouble finding a job after I finished their program, so I asked around.

I have got a lot of responses that companies hire based on your portfolio. So my suggestion is you put a lot of effort into getting together a really good portfolio and try to go out on the job market and see if it will work out. The option to going to a more professional school in the US or UK will always be there if things don't work out. Hope this helps and good luck to you!

Old 07 July 2010   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread