CGTalk > Software > Autodesk 3ds max > Particle Flow
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Old 08-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #16
Mumbai, India
Originally Posted by JohnnyRandom
LOL You want me to do all of your work for you? Do I get a cut of what you are making on this project? I am just opening doors, the rest is up to you.

You took a job without really knowing what you are doing? It is no ones fault but your own if you can't deliver it. Get frustrated all you want, figure it out for yourself, like the rest of us have. I don't care, I don't get anything out of this, literally nothing except the fact that I helped someone.

You need to learn to work smarter. I don't mean to sound like an ass (maybe just a little ), you have Krakatoa, do you even realize how powerful it is? Do you understand at all why it was created? Artist that spend $1000+ on something usually know why. I will give you a hint, everything in the particle world is about caching your systems. Who ever said this stuff was fast?

In all honesty you need Stoke to get it closer.

Here is another freebie...
You can take each of those systems and cache them out to PRT individually, since pflow is a single threaded process you can fire off as many instances of max as you have threads per machine, you just need to set each instances affinity. Or use Deadline (two nodes are free) to do the job.

Load all of the caches back into a single PRT loader, now you have the whole thing cache on disk and will not have to worry about the system overhead of calculating pflow on every render frame, it is already done. Rendering will be much faster now.

Sorry Man i know its my mistake to do a project on something which i have no idea and its really great that your helping me to solve this problem.....and i am not blaming anyone here i came in forums for help and u guyz are really helpfull. And yea i have put particle cache yesterday only now i can render it fast. Just wanted to see single frame yesterday but was not able to view it so i was kinda nervous so i did particle cache and left home and when i came back particle cache was already done and now its quite fast.....

Thanks a lot for your help and precious Time and will let you know if i get stuck somewhere else
Old 08-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #17
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread