Concept: Street Car, Spirit2029 (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2003
Concept street car

Well folks..I think im basically done..maybey a few minor tweaks. Im renderin out a test sequence now..to make sure im happy with the final light rig and textures. So little info..this is done in xsi, all polygons with subdivision...and no final gather or global illumination..only old school lighting. Takes around 5 minutes a frame..but i;ve got close to 16 lights in the scene all with soft shadows..for a nice layerin and gradient look. These were run through photoshop quickly..only a sharpen more..and autocontrast..dosent need any more. The character is still a standin, till I finish my female character, wip soon for that too. Since the wip renders..I;ve finished up the textures and final shaders...also added inlays in the rims to tie it together better.. so now its onto finishing the competing car and animating the race sequence.

I've been staring at it too long to try and figure out why it dosent look photoreal..and I give up. So input would be appreciated..I might just say im happy with how it looks and call it that. I will be startin another wip thread for the second car really soon..and will get the race animation up on my site when its done. anyways coments please..

Spirit2029

ps the ground texture is rough I know...look at the car!! not the ground.. =)

11 November 2003
great work!

11 November 2003
Yes, fantastic work! Frontpage stuff IMHO!

11 November 2003
thanx guys..im hoping for front page..=).. havent been there since last year this time...

spirit2029

but then again..I havent had anythin done since this time last year...

11 November 2003
Nice to see you finally got it finished Looks absolutely fantastic. I've been modelling a few cars with blueprints and that's hard enough - so I give you extra credit for the visualization and designing skills you obviously have been blessed with. Great work - you should consider a career as a car designer...

11 November 2003
u know peoples u just gave me an idea...im going to prestent this car design to a few manufactureres...who knows...

Spirit2029

11 November 2003
Talking

Try it at Mazda. They'll insert a "stunning" 120PS engine and call it "the ultimate sports car" (you'll have to understand ..i hate mazda)

11 November 2003
This is a really good model. I've been working on a concept car using 3Ds Max and the Brazil Rendering engine. It took a long time to get it to look photo real and the reason was the car paint material. Car paint (in those classic show room an out door type shots) is very reflective, but doesn't have linear behaviour across curved surfaces. The way you do it in max is to set a falloff for the reflection level, so that the surface becomes much more reflective as it curves away from the viewer. There are some good tutorials on www.3dm-mc.com .

But photo realism aside, this rocks. Love the design, lov the detail.

Can't wait to see the next one!

CODE

11 November 2003
its not even funny how jealous i am of your texturing job,

on the model i got 2 small nitpicks, but could be personal preferance,

like, the intake at the front of the backwheel for the breakcooling, it doesnt really fit the design, and the rearlights look a bit dull, but thas just my opinion,

fantastic job nonetheless,...

11 November 2003
wow thats great, i love the design!!!

11 November 2003
Hey now I love my mazda.... no sports car but I still love it. anway like I said way back when in the WIP section, gj

11 November 2003
Amazing job, pro modeling and even moore pro texturing! The best tire textures I have ever seen

Why this is not at the front page, have no idea!

11 November 2003
Looking very cool, maybe a little 360 rotation avi or something... but its got a fat ass, nice, but fat

nice tyre textures,

cuse

11 November 2003
Very good job Spirit. It is an excellent model. I think that the texture on the tire looks a bit too worn, but I guess that's from all the racing? I like the overall design. The spare tire in the hatch is a nice touch too. I can't wait to see the competing car!
- www.EdHarriss.com

11 November 2003
that is a great design, it would look cool with a small air intake on the door, good work!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Closed share thread