WIP: Kreola-Jennie Burt

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2013   #1
WIP: Kreola-Jennie Burt

I believe I understand the process. Reading the thread helped me realize how important the WIPs are to the whole project. I wish I had a bit more experience in this field, but that is why this is a good starting point to learn the ropes. Here are two more WIPs in the progress, following the description closer and removing the water and adding the arroyo. I do have a figure on a balcony so that is the question today, leave her in or remove her? Thanks for the input. Jennie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kreola4.jpg (84.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg kreola5.jpg (59.9 KB, 15 views)

Old 11 November 2013   #2
Floating perspective and Kreola

James,
I welcome your observations. I am totally learning digital matte painting here in real time. In another of my WIP threads I was advised to make a perspective grid, as you suggested. I realigned the original drawings to the grid and found glaring miscalculations. I have yet to anchor the floating cliff faces and I am adding more shadows as the lighting indicates. I wish I had used the plate as it was, but time will prevent me from starting over. I have learned an amazing amount of information in a short amount of time. These lessons will be a hugh help when I make my next layout for the mural I have planned , a 40 footer. I sketch my artwork up in Photoshop to scale, then use the sketch as a blueprint.
In the meantime, thank you for taking the time to reply. I believe I would like to be able to work in this field and this is has been a great experience. I've got a ways to go.....
I have seen some of the other WIPs. Guess I'll be buying the next new book. It's all good. >^..^< Jen

Old 11 November 2013   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread