issues with hair&fur + vray

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #1
issues with hair&fur + vray

So I'm modelling the hair for a model. I've been experimenting with vrayhairMtl but have run into some issues I can't seem to solve.

Ideally I would like to have several copies of the scalp and have them grow different parts of the hair to get full control. For some reason this doesn't work. If I have three copies of the scalp only one of them will shade the hair using vrayhairMtl, the other two will revert to the default hair&fur shader, even though I specified it to "apply mr shader" and changed the effect to "mr prim".

The situation I have right now is that in order to render the hair with vrayhairMat I need to have the whole hair grow from a single mesh/hair&fur modifier. This wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for that the hair won't follow the guides properly. Some guides will have the hair it's controlling several centimeters away from it, intersecting the mesh or messing up the shape of the hair style. It's simply uncontrollable. I split into hair groups and it helps somewhat but not nearly enough. I've also tried using varying meshes for the scalp going from low res to high res(to generate more guides), and again higher res helps but it makes the hair style very difficult to shape and still doesn't get rid of the problem.

If anyone has any advice on using hair&fur with vrayhairMat or just generally when it comes to using hair&fur(I am quite new to it) pls help

Old 09 September 2012   #2
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread