Silo 2.5 Feedback

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

04 April 2018
I was wondering, does Silo have Lattice Deformers ?
Maybe something like this the developers could add in the new update ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTMhNj8n5y8

04 April 2018
I can't believe it took until page 7 for someone to mention this.

Make a decent bevel tool already!!! You shouldn't have to export your mesh to bevel it in some other app and re-import it just to get a proper bevel.

John

04 April 2018
Another Request -

Be Able to import High Polygon Meshes an Reference Meshes ( in Modo you can import as Static Mesh ) to be able to do retopology on them .

Right now I can't import 1 Mil Poly Mesh ( and this is medium for other softwares ) .

04 April 2018
Move and Sew UVs consistently causes Silo to close on me.

05 May 2018
Originally Posted by rootsworks: Move and Sew UVs consistently causes Silo to close on me.
Yep, confirmed this too in 2.54.

05 May 2018
@rootsworks and @iron-bear-xl, thanks for the report/confirmation! can you confirm which OS you are running Silo on?

05 May 2018
Originally Posted by Nevercenter: @rootsworks and @iron-bear-xl, thanks for the report/confirmation! can you confirm which OS you are running Silo on?
No problem, this was on Windows 7 x64.

05 May 2018
Originally Posted by Nevercenter: @rootsworks and @iron-bear-xl, thanks for the report/confirmation! can you confirm which OS you are running Silo on?
Windows 10 x64 for me!

05 May 2018
I'm using the demo version of Silo on Windows 10 x64,
(I was a user around when Silo 1 came out, and have been recommending it for years).

I've been having stability issues,
it usually happens when saving,
but it can happen at any time.
I expected to purchase the program this weekend,
but I can't see wasting time/money on something this unstable.

There are also some weird behaviors that I don't recall.
1) There is only one options window available at a time, so I can't keep persistent settings available.
2) It seems to have issues with linking points to each other, often on entirely different parts of the model, after mirroring.

05 May 2018
Originally Posted by Crob000: HiI'm getting a very consistent crash on all versions of Silo. If you enter the extended creation box with your mouse for a cylinder, box, etc. It will crash immediately.

Also, the UI is pretty messed up at the bottom and left sides. I've restarted my computer and all that.

New user of Silo 2.5.4 via Steam on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6. I'm seeing the same immediate crash if I try and click to change the number of sections of a torus. I was, however, able to avoid an immediate crash by clicking on the title of the Torus creation details and then selecting the first parameter, Inner Radius, which let me highlight the default value. Pressing tab highlighted subsequent fields, so I could change the radial and circumferential segments to 12 and 12, then a further tab (which I assume invisibly selected the Create button), followed by a space (to activate the Create button) successfully created the torus according to its specifications. Very tedious not to be able to directly select the parameters I wanted to change and click on the Create button.

05 May 2018
Viktor and others with the missing msvcr100.dll issue (where Silo wouldn't run/install and gave an error message saying there was a missing DLL):

We've just updated the installer on the site to include the DLL and the problem should be fixed. You can snag the updated installer by going to http://nevercenter.com/silo/download file and downloading the latest installer. (Win only, this wasn't a Mac issue)

-Presque

05 May 2018
This message pertains to the FBX files exported by Silo. I only use FBX in two programs, but neither of them can open Silo's FBX files. The same model converted to FBX in Blender or the Autodesk FBX converter works fine.

In hopes that you can figure out the difference between the FBX that works and the FBX being generated by Silo, I have created a zip archive containing all the files used to create FBX output from the same OBJ. Here is a link to the Zip file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1crquj3f...iloFBX.zip?dl=0

Included in this ZIP archive, you should find the following files:

1) test4FBX.obj (An OBJ model of a cube, generated by SILO (most recent version))
2) test4FBX.png (texture for the OBJ file)
3) test4FBX.fbx (FBX file of the same model, generated by SILO)
4) test4FBX_blender.fbx (FBX file of the same model... OBJ imported to Blender, then exported as FBX binary v7.4)
5) test4FBX_blender_ascii.fbx (blender export FBX ascii v6.1)
6) FBX_errorMSF.png, a screen capture of the error I get when trying to import the SILO FBX into my animation program
(in hopes it will provide some clues about what the file is missing)

The Blender version of the FBX imports with no error.

If you have tools that let you view the internal differences, I'm hoping you can change Silo's FBX export format (or at least offer a second export option) that provides the same information that the Blender version provides.

2 Weeks Ago
One request - OpenSubDiv to replace the current sub division.

4 Days Ago
Waiting for more Silo updates ....

reply share thread