Announcing Cinema 4D R20

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by E2GO: Well... almost. Could be great to keep those holes and details.
Ok, it has demo limitations. If you will to use lower voxel size (and poly adapt values - low poly model), you will get nice results.

6 Days Ago
What do you mean by "demo limitations" ?

6 Days Ago
Originally Posted by Bullit: What do you mean by "demo limitations" ?
Remo SV demo version generates spline text which contains word "DEMO" if i down to 5 cm of size. That's all

5 Days Ago
Just wondering, small team of developers are making a wonderful tool!!!
Maxon, great job!

23 Hours Ago
Was watching Rick's demo of Multi-instances for MoGraph here
https://www.cineversity.com/vidplay...multi-instances

At the end he talks about the main limitations that the render speed-ups don't apply to animations or object deformations (essentially). I haven't found any SIGGRAPH demos on this topic but there probably is one somewhere. My questions are:

1) Seems like the main benefit is when you're using MoGraph tools to create single frame scenes  (not unimportant), but it's not of benefit when watching an animation, whether 15 frames or 15,000. True?

2) Is the above limitation something that will go away only when the available hardware is far more powerful than it currently is? Or might there be a software solution too, something that might allow a big breakthrough to happen sooner?

Seeing the recent octane "future demos" got me thinking about this, whether it might be possible to animate very complex scenes using a combination of something like Vectron and new GPUs — i.e. a new MAXON algorithm that would allow very complex arrangements and movement of C4D objects to be represented in a way that is mathematically attainable for a high-powered GPU to crunch through, without much loss in quality. Obviously there's no pie in the sky, we'll probably always need to turn off reflections, shadows, SSS and stuff like that when animating a complex scenes in the viewport. But even getting to the level of showing the more or less finished geometry in the scene, with their base materials and lighting active, would be a pretty big deal. 

I don't know maybe this would have to happen — if we're talking about Vectron-like algorithms — at the level of how you model things, not at the object manager level so much. IOW the big advance will have to be the ability to create very complex and detailed shapes / scenes  in a way that is mathematically far less taxing to GPUs and/or CPUs than what we see currently with 3D apps. Not a coder (obviously) but seems like exciting times on the horizon. Maybe we finally get past some of these barriers soon, greatly reducing slow-downs and "wait to watch" scenarios when creating stuff.

Last edited by Blinny : 23 Hours Ago at 05:56 PM.

22 Hours Ago
Re: Multi instances, from what I understand they're more like render instances in that you cannot individually deform them, but you can certainly use them in a camera animation or have them animated (provided they all do the same thing, only their position and rotation is different).

It's like one single object cloned on one single cloud point, instead of multiple individual points.

reply share thread