Using ZBrush w/C4d

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by ThePriest: All of these piece use models that took maybe 20 minutes to create and maybe a few hours to texture.
https://www.behance.net/gallery/677...bstance-Painter
The circles and lines you're seeing, are panel loops saved as color ID maps. And then its a simple case of dragging and assigning unique color patterns to each ID.
Absolutely killer work there.

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by BubblegumDimension: Absolutely killer work there.

Ditto!!!

Z brush is a must have for organic modeling. Even if youre not using it to sculpt Orks you will find it to be a useful swiss army knife of great tools.Just the z-remesh and dynamesh tools alone make it worth getting.
it does have kind of a weird workflow, but like all things, all you gotta do is learn how it works, and then you're off and running. Maybe just focus on one area, one project to start and you will begin to feel better about it. I still stumble occasionally as its not my main tool, but there is always a video online that gets me back on the right path.

1 Week Ago
Thanks for the compliment guys. If you're at Siggraph this year, you should see them at the Allegorithmic booth.

1 Week Ago

An interesting video showing how ZBrush can handle CAD files which have been converted to polygon based objects, and how to clean up the topology easily. The simplest way rather than exporting CAD objects such as STL type ones, to an object format ZBrush accepts, is to simply click on the icon you have in C4D and GOZ it across.

Also as a reminder to myself and those unaware of how to embed a youtube video on CGtalk, look for the ' = ' sign and copy all the text and numbers after it, click the youtube button and paste them into the field, and click 'OK'.

Last edited by -/\-Scott-M-C4D-/\- : 1 Week Ago at 11:24 PM.

6 Days Ago
Hour long challenge - Exceeded by about 12 minutes due a crash in Substance.

Low poly model using ZModeler - To RizomUV - Back to ZBrush for Booleans, slices, insert meshes - Baked and materialized in Substance
8k poly count / 2k textures.

reply share thread