Xpresso and new material node

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

2 Weeks Ago
Xpresso and new material node

Question.. sorry if this doesnt make sense.. with the new sdk can a third party developer improve the look and feel of xpresso? Currently is a pain in the clone to select those tiny node spheres
Former gf: XSI

2 Weeks Ago
xpresso hasn't changed in r20

2 Weeks Ago
Yes I know, I just hope a plugin developer can change it using the new material node as a blueprint
Former gf: XSI

2 Weeks Ago
I don't think that's practical for any developer to do - even if they were able to - considering that Maxon will probably be implementing it in a year or two.

2 Weeks Ago
From what Srek said, I get the impression that the material system is the 1st implementation of a more general node system. I'd be amazed if Xpresso isn't included down the line.
But this 1st implementation doesn't yet have an SDK or access for 3rd party engines. A dev in the main thread indicates this is next up. So I think what you want will come eventually.

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by Decade: From what Srek said, I get the impression that the material system is the 1st implementation of a more general node system. I'd be amazed if Xpresso isn't included down the line.
But this 1st implementation doesn't yet have an SDK or access for 3rd party engines. A dev in the main thread indicates this is next up. So I think what you want will come eventually.
Yes, this - Also it was mentioned that the "Squircle" will show up throughout the other parts of C4D in upcoming versions.

reply share thread