Master and Servant 3D Entry: alexi chabane

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Master and Servant 3D Entry: alexi chabane

alexi chabane has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: final image

Here is the final image I submitted this morning. The background trees are more faded and the characters have minor corrections, done in photoshop. I wish I had more time to spend on the background, it is the one thing I'm not really happy with. i suppose the character's poses could have been better as well (they seem a bit rigid and static to me), but time is a cruel mistress.

Last edited by alexichabane : 04 April 2005 at 08:18 PM.

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: Royal Guards (girl and robot)

Here is the early concept for my picture. The idea is that the robot is at her command, but she is a warrior in her own right, hence the weapons and armour. The lighting will be on the dramatic side, with bright highlights and dark shadows (hiding the base of the robot character.)

Last edited by alexichabane : 03 March 2005 at 09:32 PM.

03 March 2005
good drawing for your concept
I like it
Good luck guy!

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=224045

03 March 2005
Can't wait to see the model.

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: character design1 (female warrior)

further concepts for the female character. her armour will match the robot's (in terms of colour and material), establishing a connection between the characters.

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: character design2 (female warrior)

Another page of concepts, with emphasis on the organic shapes of the armour. In contrast, the clothing with have bold geometric black and white patterns.

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: additional designs

Here are some more drawings featuring different designs for the secondary character. i've started modeling the female character, but the design of the other one is still up in the air.

03 March 2005
Modeling: wireframe image 1 (female warrior)

I've been modeling the female character with maya 6. the armour was built by lofted nurbs curves, and then converting them into polygons. I'm still working on the torso and head, but I think the belts and buckles are comming along well. I've adopted the circle as a repeating design element for these details.

03 March 2005
Wonderful!

My one suggestion ton the model would be to add a bit of gravity to her chest. They are in the right position, but they seem to point straight out instead of hang a bit.

Other than that, little nit pick. Top Notch work and I will be keeping an eye on this entry.

DWIII Entry

03 March 2005
Modeling: wireframe 2 (female character)

Here is the character, seen from the back (even though she will not be in the final image). I just got started modeling and kept on going. I'm going to move the sheath over to the side a bit, perhaps slung ove her sholder by another strap. I like how the armour plate over the spine is comming along, and I think I'll exagerate the ridge even futher.

03 March 2005
Thumbs up

It's really paid off getting the design honed first. I really like the females getup

03 March 2005
Wow! Good Job!
Congratulation for this so clean modeling
Update!!!

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=224045

03 March 2005
Hey nice stuff Chabane! Keep it up!

03 March 2005
Whoa, nice work so far! No real crits or comments, except to say I like the way her helmet looks in sketches more than the model. A minor quibble in any case. Cheers good luck.

03 March 2005
Modeling: more wireframes!

Thanks to everyone who has left a comment on my model so far. I\'ve made afew adjustments; revising the helmate and chest, and completing certain pieces of armour. See what you think.

Thread Closed share thread