modelling help

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2013
modelling help

Hi

I am trying to set up a landscape scene very similar to the image I have enclosed, in cinema 4d. I am not a modeller so I have been using landscape objects to try and achieve this. So far I haven't had much luck, as I cant seem to get everything to look how I want in front of the camera.

Does anyone know of any good tutorials on how to set something like this up, that looks similar to this image?

Thank you

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=a...2F%3B1387%3B780

11 November 2013
The image you've pointed to is referred to commonly as having a "low poly" look. Essentially objects that have a small number of polygons as opposed to the high number of polygons that give more realistic objects their smooth or detailed look. The main trick is to reduce your polygons and delete Cinema 4D's phong tag on your object(s). This eliminates any built-in smoothing based on the relative angle of adjacent polygons.

Some tutorials to get you started:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82gQUi_PJCs
http://vimeo.com/54563392

11 November 2013
It's called low poly modeling ... Nick, at GSG had a quick tutorial on this a while ago

iMac 3.06 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo / 16 GB / OS 10.13.4 / C4D StudioR12 / CS6

11 November 2013
Hi

Thanks for responding. I understand its a low poly look and how to achieve this. I think I maybe worded it wrong...The problem I am having is setting it up so everything looks in focus, for example, the mountains closest to the camera should look big in comparison to the mountains furthest away...like in the image. Also, would the person who created the image have modelled the mountains or edited primitives? If it was done in 3d.

Thanks again

11 November 2013
You will need to use a camera object to create a bigger sense of scale. Set the focal length to a wide angle setting like 24mm or 28mm.

Well, you can do the same with the editor camera by right-clicking and dragging on the viewport scale icon. So, zoom the camera out and then move it back in to frame the area you're interested in.

11 November 2013
just started playing around with the camera settings and dof so I will give that a try!

thank you

11 November 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread