Gone, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2006
Gone, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Title: Gone
Name: Linda Bergkvist
Software: Painter, Photoshop

I've decided to share my final piece for the Furiae book, since I've submitted it to Exposé 4, anyway :]
I've no inclination to go into the story behind it right now... but the painting took me ages to complete. I had such a vision of how I wanted it – peaceful yet sad, because the character depicted is no longer alive... and it was hard. It was very hard. A friend of mine, Johan, posed for the references almost half a year ago, and I tried to finish the picture on many occasions without ever quite 'getting' it. I couldn't achieve the look I wanted no matter how hard I tried.
Then, a while ago, I sat down and finally I caught the feeling for it. I think it was in the skintone that made the difference. Or perhaps the textures. Something 'clicked', anyway, the way things do very rarely.
The piece is done about 50% in Photoshop, 50% in Painter... with a lot of different textures applied chiefly to the foliage to give it the right look. The skintone is painted almost exclusively in Photoshop as I still blend colours best there :) The face, some people tell me, resembles my own – but for once I wasn't using myself as the reference! Not fair!
My Dior perfume modelled for the bottle, so I guess I sort of snagged the general shape of that bottle from J'adore – if you've seen the bottle, you know what I mean. In the end, I think the hands and the bottle took by far the longest to make. After, I've refrained from painting any other detailed hands, hehe, I guess these just took the spirit out of me.
And for the close-ups:

For a full size detail:

D'artiste

Painting eyes
Painting hair

02 February 2006
no words. 5 stars

02 February 2006
Different from your other work (in my eyes), but just as good!!! Love it

02 February 2006
daaayuuum! Very lovely piece honey. Excellent work.

::Flemish Classical Atelier::
Art residencies:: Intensive Drawing and Painting workshops
in Brugge, Belgium

02 February 2006
Keep pushing that envelope Linda. You keep reaching wonderful new technical levels, but what you acheive emotionally is far greater. This is something I would gladly have on my wall.
I'm not going to rant on, but I love it. Up there as one of your best.

02 February 2006
Hej Linda.

Your work always amazes me, and this is no exception!
Very emotional, and great work on the skintones like always.

You didn't have that Johan guy pose like that for six months straight did you?

Something Awful! - 2D

02 February 2006
fint o vackert som alltid.
great job linda. the piece its like someone took a photograph to capture the moment. amazing coloring.Good luck on the entry for expose 4.

Rendering the universe...plz wait
with regards your neigborhood martian

02 February 2006
Hey another "photo" from you! HahA. It looks incredible, excellent masterpiece! One of your bests , 1000stars

02 February 2006
Wow, fantastic!! His skin looks like it turned into a semi translucent waxi stuff. Makes his flesh look very delicate. And those beautiful details on the bottle....
10 stars from me

02 February 2006
Oh wow....oohh woooow. I really, just, ugh, this is so good! I can't even talk!! *shakes head around*

The skin textures and tones are just amazing! I mean really, on the nose in the close-up I can see the pores of his skin! Now that is realistic! ...Er, I'm speaking with too many exclamation points, but I can't help it, this is great. I love the soft position of his hand and the color scheme of the whole image. I also love the perfume bottle, there's so much detail in it.

The face is, as always, gorgeous. The lips are beautiful. I don't think it looks that much like you, but it still holds a beauty that is just too awesome to describe. I love this painting a lot, and if I could, I would keep talking, but I got a cold and I just woke up. So I'll just sit here, drinking hot chocolate, admiring your painting for a while.

Offbeatworlds.com

02 February 2006
Wow, cool, very different too!

Love how those warmer coloured petals are on his/her shoulder, the glow really works perfectly here. Another fantastic piece!!!
modelling practice #1

02 February 2006
Wow! Hi Linda and congrats on another masterpiece! I love all the subtle details all over the hands

So are you going to tell us what's in the bottle or is it left up to our imagination? So curious! Poison? Magical goodies that could have saved our dead friend? hehehe... either way I love the storytelling in this piece!

Hope you're doing well

5 well deserved stars from me

Bobby

Steampunk Myths n Legends

02 February 2006
Linda your artwork is insanely good, and this one is no exception. You seem to improve with each picture, which is amazing considering the quality of your previous works. I also noticed this has a more 'realistic' approach compared to the more 'painterly' feel of your previous works. Can we expect more works of this style?

5 stars, of course

02 February 2006
sorry double post.

Last edited by alexfalchi : 02 February 2006 at 03:14 PM.

02 February 2006
Smile

Linda-I have just 2 questions : are you real??!
Do you have big house for all your awards?!
You're incredible!
Regards.
Alex.

Last edited by alexfalchi : 02 February 2006 at 03:16 PM.

Thread Closed share thread