Xbox Photos X-pensive on eBay!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2005
Xbox Photos X-pensive on eBay!

"The hot holiday item, if one believes the media hype, is the Xbox 360. Short supply and high demand have left many holiday shoppers looking for the console empty-handed. While the thought of parents looking into the teary eyes of children left without an Xbox 360 this Christmas is saddening, imagine the same scenario with said parents paying upwards of $800 for a worthless photo of the gaming system."

Link

12 December 2005
that's kinda crazy

Game Assets Thread

Personal Site

12 December 2005
i assume this has gone on, on ebay..

But i guess you should read the fine print .. if you dont.. you deserve it ..

12 December 2005
600 dollars for a photo of the 360. nice!

12 December 2005
Owned?

Still this is sad for the holydays

12 December 2005
The same exact thing happened durring the PS2 madness a few years ago.

'You are bidding on a PS2 picture below'

I think its much easier and far less expensive to just wait in line =)

12 December 2005
I'm sure individuals here realize mistakes BEFORE payment made. They have the right to NOT pay for winning bid. HOWEVER, they do get a negative feedback. Save mega bucks !
BUT *common sense* on the bidding sites should note both party stupidity and greed factor and adjust accordingly.

12 December 2005
There was also a lot of Xbox 360 email accounts that sold for hundreds of buck on ebay.

The email was something like: New_Xbox_360_Shipping_Today_@something.com So people thought it was actually an new Xbox 360. There are a lot of those scam on ebay. and I tried to contact the ebay fraud department about that and they just don't give a damn about their customers...

12 December 2005
This guy won a bid on a xbox 360 box and I mean just the "box" For $499.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX-360-Premiu...bayphotohosting
Eventhough the buyer should have read the discription, the seller started the
bidding out at $400 bucks...

Last edited by lestdog : 12 December 2005 at 05:01 PM.

12 December 2005
People who do that on ebay are fricken evil! They obviously know that people are caught up in the hype and rush of Christmas and will take advantage of those poor souls. For someone to say they deserved it because they didn't read the fine print is just plain cold hearted.

12 December 2005
Originally Posted by sephcor: People who do that on ebay are fricken evil! They obviously know that people are caught up in the hype and rush of Christmas and will take advantage of those poor souls. For someone to say they deserved it because they didn't read the fine print is just plain cold hearted.

Education can have a pretty steep price tag to it sometimes.

peace,

Lu

12 December 2005
On the flip side however, get your xbox 360 from a naughty little brats father for only $100!

http://xboxfor100.ytmnd.com/

12 December 2005
Originally Posted by videl: On the flip side however, get your xbox 360 from a naughty little brats father for only $100!

http://xboxfor100.ytmnd.com/

Hahaha, that's hillarious. An Xbox box full of charcoal. heheh priceless. Ebay is a source of real-life humor

12 December 2005
Reminds me of the many sales of PS2 boxes a few years back. The auctions would go very in-depth to explain that it was the box, not the system, that the auction was for. This would be stated in large, bold, colored text to make sure it gets the point across. Well over 20 people still placed their bids...
Seems to me that when you're putting out that much money for something, you ought to read all of the information on it that is being displayed.

Thread Closed share thread