Mesh Surgery :: Now Available

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2003
Post Issues

Hmmm the display issues may just be MS showing things a little different than I'm used to:

It's hard to describe, it just doesn't look right to me - but I'm thinking that it may just be me.

One minor display thing is the that green/red shaded fall off doesn't always show up.

But the serious issue I have seems to be in switching to katana from a different MS tool - the hourglass comes up and C4D stops responding.

But even with this problem your toolset is invaluable and the display problems are trivial IMO. It just means I have to remember to save more frequently.

10 October 2003
hello, no, that's not a display problem. superflange is displayed like that in order to highlight that it's modified geometry before you commit. you can change the display settings from the preferences if you need to (have you tried this yet?).

is it possible you could email directly some more details about your setup (so we can try to make sure we're testing on as similar system as possible) stuff like, which platform? are you using ogl or just software shading in your viewport? is it at all possible that you can have the console window open in cinema, and at time of freeze up take a screen grab of it to send to us?

thanks if you can do any of that it would help in tracking down what the problem could be (although it may already have been fixed).

Last edited by mdme_sadie : 10 October 2003 at 07:15 PM.

10 October 2003

Not sure about the console - it doesn't happen every time just sometimes. But i'll e-mail you if I figure something out i'll let you know!

(Basics: OpenGL, nvidia 64MB FX5600GO with latest driver, Windows XP, 512MB RAM, P4-2.2Ghz)

10 October 2003
i think i have found a bug
with the mesh brush
i have a large poly mesh plane that i am painting with mesh brush
i brush a few areas and hit render region to see the changes, once i can see enough of the render i hit the view to stop the render and carry on, but as soon as i stop region render c4d crashes.
but if i come out of meshbrush mode before i hit render region and stop it, it never crashes.it has done this about 10 times now

p4 2.56, 1 gig ram
blah blah
in many ways i hope this is a bug of mesh surg
and not my machine

Last edited by davedavidson : 11 November 2003 at 05:10 AM.

11 November 2003
* BUG *

I can confirm this; the same thing that happened to _dd happens to me too. I have to click on CD4's live selection tool first (or any other C4D tool I assume) when I leave region render, otherwise the program will crash.

Last edited by mori : 11 November 2003 at 12:50 PM.

11 November 2003
mine is working now i have got the new version
i think but i will play further and let you know

11 November 2003
this bug was fixed several versions ago. if you are still having problems in this area then let me know. btw the place to post bugs and or questions about mesh surgery is the mesh surgery forums : http://forum.peranders.com

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread