Nova Action Figure

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #1
Nova Action Figure - Advices to prevent gallery rejection are needed

Hello,

This is my Nova model. It couldn't get into the 3d stills gallery so I'm posting here for you to direct me about where did I do wrong about this scene.

All critiques are welcome.

I've just added my Nova model as an action figure to my oldest "Workbench" scene.

Scene modeled with rhinoceros,
Figure modeling, merging scenes and renderin made in modo. Post works have done with Corel PSP.

For older scene details of rhino modeling and previous maxwell process, please visit here

For Nova Project details and alternative renders, please visit here.

Regards.

Last edited by BlockMind : 04 April 2013 at 08:58 AM.

Old 04 April 2013   #2
Hey man,

To be blunt and honest, your composition is lacking. Between the bright monitor, the outside, and the figure, I'm not sure what your focus is.

If your trying to highlight your character, it might help to zoom in on that, and maybe display something darker on your monitor or just turn it off. Maybe you could also move the camera near desk level. That would help make your character look bigger, and possibly frame it against your window.

-AJ

Old 05 May 2013   #3
Thanks a lot. I will try that.

I think problem here is not the render quality but anatomical bad looking at upper legs.

Maybe I should re-check the sculpted geometry there.

Old 05 May 2013   #4
Hey man,

You seemed really upset that your image didn't get accepted on on that other guys thread, so here is some feedback.

Here is your image under a filter with two other images from the CG choice gallery that I think have a similar composition to yours. Notice that they both have a room lit only by sunlight from a window (green), and they both focus on one full sized human subject (red) with another, secondary subject (yellow).

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...f=121&t=1067773
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...f=121&t=1047492

Both these guys did a really nice job with the color palate, and overall, they look very warm and natural. The images have a very soft and voluminous light being cast from the window, and the edges of the frame slowly degrade into shadow, acting as a vignette. The objects in the scene are hit with a nice rim light, and even under the filter, you can still make out the subjects.

Once again, I recommended that you redo your composition.

-AJ

Old 05 May 2013   #5
Thanks a lot. Yes, you are right about my feelings.

I have created a flash photo version of the scene, considering your suggestions -if I understand them correctly- by narrowing down the area of interest in composition.

Now it entered to the 3d stills gallery but I don't know if the quality determinition is removed or this work found valuable to be accepted.

You can see the result of this work.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=1107681

Old 05 May 2013   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread