.NET and it's Implications for Maxscript [Max 9]

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2007
You cannot wire an vector [1,1,1] like the gizmo scale to a float.
You will have to extract an part [x,y,z] and wire this to the spinner.
I am not sure if wire parameter is really the best solution for this.

But it is better to start another thread for this question as this thread is about:
.NET and it's Implications for Maxscript [Max 9]

Georg

02 February 2007
Don't know what the actual code looks like, so don't know if RDG is right, but it looks to me it's getting integers... instead of floats... so [1.0,1.0,1.0] should work...
Or convert you outcome of the spinners to floats.. "spn.value as float"

But I'm just guessing...

Ok forget about that... rdg is right offcourse... I read the error wrong... your feeding a float with a vector... you need to deconstruct the vector... vector.x, vector.y etc...

-Johan

Last edited by JHN : 02 February 2007 at 03:05 PM.

02 February 2007
Sorry for jumping into the discussion. I have two quick questions... I once saw a presentation of TDs at Disney who created custom interfaces for their characters and controls with Maya and Qt under Linux. The same should be easily possible with a custom programmed .NET ui control and MAXScript without having to dive deep into the SDK now. Is this possible or can anyone confirm this ?

And is it possible to send messages from .NET components to MAX itself ? For example selecting and manipulating objects ? I am particularly interested in the communication between MAXScript and .NET. Sorry for my newbish questions but I dont have access to MAX 9 so I can not really try anything yet.

02 February 2007
No idea for the second question, but am pretty sure that's possible. As for Question one i can indeed confirm that. I have played with non-standard controls already (stimulsoft.com in my case for testing) and it works like a charm.

Regards,
Thorsten

03 March 2007
Just wanted to thank ypuech on the excellent XML sample !
I totally missed out on the .NET connectivity, but this sample got me interested and up in running in minutes and OMG it rocks

On a more serious note, relief7; I don't think you can use .NET to call max directly, they'd have to convert the SDK to .Net first. There's a discussion about that in the first few pages of this thread ;-)

03 March 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread