Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 02-20-2013, 06:42 AM   #1
TPanimation
portfolio
Anthony
Sydney, Australia

New animation to be ripped apart and critiqued

Hey all, I have started a reaction animation just recently and was wondering if any one would be able to have a look and let me know what you think.

There is minimal facial animation at the moment as I'm still trying to decide on the best route but to let you in the character is disapointed by whats in the box.

Any critique on the body movement etc is more than welcome.

Thanks in advanced!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZqyXyqBiJU

Old 02-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
TekniX
Veteran
portfolio
Malte
3d Artist
Munich, Germany

Fb

Hi TPanimation,

this is a kinda early stage for feedback, but I think that you could do some more work on the poses, especially the "pre-reaction", maybe you could put more emphasis on "how happy and awaiting" he is .. maybe he could do something in the sorts of "rubbing his hands against each other" or do some "finger movements" to indicate that he is really tense,waiting to see what is inside. Also the pixel aspect ratio of the movie seems incorrect since it is somehow squeezed.
I'd say put a bit more of effor into the poses and then continue animating maybe later there's more to feedback on

Kind greetings

Teknix

Old 02-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #3
YashaP
Know-it-All

portfolio
Yasha Peiros
Melbourne, Australia

Hi TPanimation!
There are a couple of places at the start when the character is very cross-eyed and he looks like he has a mental defect.
The biggest issue with your shot is that the character moves really quickly the whole time and its kinda hard to figure out what's going on, so i suggest that you slow down all the actions and of the 2nd part and give him bigger pauses.
Hope that helps

-Yasha

Old 02-26-2013, 01:31 AM   #4
TPanimation
portfolio
Anthony
Sydney, Australia

Thanks to the both of you. I have gone back and really opened up the animation adding more of an anticipation to the beggining of the shot and really stretched out some of the poses adding some eas ins and out. Should have an updated version soon.

Again Thank you to the two of you. It has both been very helpful and informative.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:04 PM   #5
TPanimation
portfolio
Anthony
Sydney, Australia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZgT...eature=youtu.be

Hey all,

I have updated the beginning of the shot with some anticipation. (I have another type of anticipation in the works for the start of the shot and will upload that soon)

The poses have also been spaced out a little better, however, I havent gone through just yet and cleaned or adjusted the poses towards the end of the shot.

I'm going to be trying some different camera angles over the next few renders, also facial expressions, inbetweens and key poses will be adjusted and added over the next also. Figured I would just show some progress.

Any comments are more than welcome.

Thanks again in advance to all, hopefully there will be more updates and progress shown a little later.

Cheers.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:04 PM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread