reversing and keyframing timing of an alembic in c4d?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

05 May 2018
reversing and keyframing timing of an alembic in c4d?

Is this possible?

Thanks

05 May 2018
Did you try to animate the start frame ?

05 May 2018
That adjusts the clip to start later in the timeline. Keyframing doesnt seem to do anything. Thanks.

05 May 2018
Think I figured it out--needed to activate "overide object for rendering" and then there is control. Thanks

05 May 2018
I've used the xreTIME plugin for more advanced retiming in the past, though if you can do it without plugins  that's obviously better for render farming. 

05 May 2018
Hey Luke

Does xreTIME work on alembics? Thats the key for us at the moment. 58 of them. (bulgy eye emoji)

05 May 2018
Sounds like you have this solved Joel, for others interested, this is from a past post:
For example: if you have a 100 frame alembic that you want to reverse: set a keyframe of -100 at frame 1 and 100 at frame 100."

05 May 2018
Originally Posted by JoelDubin: Hey Luke

Does xreTIME work on alembics? Thats the key for us at the moment. 58 of them. (bulgy eye emoji)

Bulgy eyes indeed. Yes it does!

http://tcastudios.com/?p=117

05 May 2018
I reversed successfully an alembic  by animating the start of animation. In my example I had a sequence of 75 frames, so i had to use a Keyframe with -75 at the first frame and a keyframe with 75 at frame 75. you have to make sure that all the childs of your alembic null get the same animation values. Selecting the parent / rightclick on start animation / xpressions / set Driver and then select all the children’s / right on start animation / expression / set driven (absolute) 
please check the attache file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ftdfipes...se_abc.zip?dl=0

reply share thread