$99 upgrade to v8 expiring

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2010
Originally Posted by fantomaz: What the hell are you talking about?

Are you really talk about the little bucks for the dongle? Or the little upgrade
fee (99$ is nothing) for V8?

In my good old times i smoked cigarettes for 100$ in a month... or drinked for 150$
delicious Bourbon at one weekend, so what??

I dont know what you all get paid for all your hard work (and here i am serious,
3D is hardwork) but everything i saw from all you guys here was often
more than a little piece of art and has to be real good paid.
Otherwise there is a big mistake in understanding how things works.

I cant imagine being without V8 and i have only two seats with two new dongles
and i paid for it with a smile on my face because it makes my life a lot easier.

fantomaz

Mmm lets see,
EIAS v8 i already have it for 300 USD the upgrade.Now 100USD is pancakes for me.
But is not only EIAS which i have trust over the years is another set of licenses which all sums up.
You have software selling very cheap the case of Silo and Moi. What Richard is saying is that he will have to spend 150USD just to keep older clients of him happy.If you use and enjoy EIAS good for you i personally had invested in getting a few plug ins but they all failed the task.
And when you see things like http://www.blender.org/development/...gs/blender-250/
it makes you want to take a second look at spending in any software.
Yeah i get paid a few bucks but that doesnt mean i will invest my time and energy with EIAS i am over it.
Thanks,
Edgard.

05 May 2010
Originally Posted by DickM: 8 offers nothing new in animation features.

Agreed. After over a year of debating features on the forum, the final release was all about lighting and rendering. With an 'awe shucks' fix of the weight painting problem. Version 8 was a disappointing release followed by another huge period of 'day time drama' as the ownership/transition issues were sorted out.

On the new EIAS3D forums people are STILL asking about file imports, texturing issues, things that have been going on for far too long. So no version 8 for me.

We'll see what version 9 brings, but EI's development has been seriously lopsided, and will probably continue that same way.

05 May 2010
Originally Posted by DickM: Well, since I got my mactel, I can't even use my EI 7. So Ei pushed me away and forced me to finally make the switch I was dreading. I can't even play around with EI anymore.

Would the upgrade resolve the issue?

I still make money with EI. I can't afford to lose it.

05 May 2010
when I launch EI it gives me a hardware key error. When I asked around, I was told it's cause I have to have a duo dongle for a mactel.

Dongles are POINTLESS!!
Silo

05 May 2010
Originally Posted by DickM: when I launch EI it gives me a hardware key error. When I asked around, I was told it's cause I have to have a duo dongle for a mactel.

Dongles are POINTLESS!!

I don't get it...You didn't upgrade the USB Dongle? I think it was $50. Or didn't you have to have an eve.framwork? I haven't dealt with that stuff it while IDK.

05 May 2010
There is an issue with Quicktime when using Windows Vista and 7, but it works great with XP. With Vista, bitmaps need to be IMG or HDR files, and rendered output cannot be Quicktime, but otherwise it seems to work like it is supposed to. I render out png sequences and assemble the animations in Visionlab Studio (poor man's After Effects).

I'm hoping they can spend some more time on the issue once they are done with the multiprocessor Camera.

Ross

Originally Posted by shoutzager: EI 8 on the PC isn't the best I have heard.

Electric Image man need V8 to get the wrinkles out!

05 May 2010
For coupon contact Phil Martin,

especially if your email is not enabled

06 June 2010
FYI, I didn't take advantage of this offer.

I'd with PayPal and downloaded directly from EITG.

Just input my code and I'm sailing sailing agin.

06 June 2010
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread