iPhone (concept)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2006
iPhone (concept)

Hi all.

I recently started working out a concept for the ipod tobe used as both mediastation and mobilephone.

The unit will be powered by the new Mac OS "Leopard"

So im in progress of making a functional keypad that can be used and hide in a good way! first there was a tuchscreen to be used but to many downside on that i think! so next task is getting keypad to work.

As u can see in pic im trying to stick to parts that mac are using in the product line, such the camera lens that also used at all imacs, and one main thing is that i think i realy have to stick with the wheel couse thats like the symbol for ipod in a way.

hope u like it/

SeSim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iphone_front_silver2.jpg (38.9 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg iphone_front_pers_silver2.jpg (37.6 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg iphone_back_silver2.jpg (37.3 KB, 79 views)

12 December 2006
a little update, and i think i will go for this soultion!

what u think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iphone_front_pers_black2.jpg (35.5 KB, 195 views)

12 December 2006
dude... that rocks! I serisouly think you should like talk to apple about this. That really looks like there style and whatnot. They might buy the design off of you. But.. still.. you never know with those companies.

12 December 2006
nice work, but I think you should turn the anti-aliasing up a little for the render.

12 December 2006
Thanx verry much for the comments! i will see how this is tuning out and i will show it to them! but i rather think that they will steal the design rather then bying it from me=/ u all know Mac/Pc but i will try! if it ends up good i will see aht i can do!

For the renders, its on lowlow res for quicker tests so this is just lowres ones!

made another one..

/sesim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iphone_front_pers_black2ang.jpg (57.1 KB, 74 views)

12 December 2006
Hm... perhaps instead of the pad descending from the back, perhaps have it descend from the center of the unit? It will look smaller, and look better in the back.

Thumbs up of course, how did you get reflection on your material? What render did you use, I can't seem to do so.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=379941

Looking For All Artist Available!

12 December 2006
Originally Posted by Kurosaki Ichigo: Hm... perhaps instead of the pad descending from the back, perhaps have it descend from the center of the unit? It will look smaller, and look better in the back.

Thumbs up of course, how did you get reflection on your material? What render did you use, I can't seem to do so.

lol, that is funny that u said so! because i did a first test to cut it straight over the wheel and draged it from the middle, but then again! have this little ipod thats just 10cm high with 2 smal flaps on=/ i think that will be pretty darn hard to get stable and robust! so i think this method will live longer and be e better solution to keep it simle and clean,

The material is a simple vray mat with smaler highlight value then reflection value! using vray 1.5 and max 9

/sesim

12 December 2006
Whatever, I'm just suggesting. It's your model ses-chan. Though I think it will be safer in the middle, similar to how Sidekicks keep up their dense lives. Good luck though.

Thanks for the help, any extra lights needed?

12 December 2006
using vray plane lights linked to a dummy so i can rotate them and find a good setup

12 December 2006
Thanks. Good luck, looking for UPs

12 December 2006
a little update! re.fined the shader a bit, still far from done but refined modeling and shader! trying to have backlit scroll wheel to, is that looking better or shall i go with black?

Last edited by sesim : 12 December 2006 at 06:22 AM.

12 December 2006
hey sesim, nice studio light, it looks clean and elegant maybe less reflectivity and its done
good work

12 December 2006
Go with black. Or jazz it up with black, with a backlitted stroke around the button?

12 December 2006
Originally Posted by zuliban: hey sesim, nice studio light, it looks clean and elegant maybe less reflectivity and its done
good work

thanx less reflectivity in metal?

12 December 2006
Originally Posted by Kurosaki Ichigo: Go with black. Or jazz it up with black, with a backlitted stroke around the button?

how u mean stroke? around the whole edge of keypad?

Thread Closed share thread