Wake Up Baby!, Olijosman (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2004
great work...!!!

07 July 2004
I truly love this oneNot only that it is technically perfect, i also like the "design" of the girl, she is really beautiful without being such a superperfect model-type.

One thing: why is the maxsize 1000px high? I have black borders on my desktop now because of you!

Love this one, more of it

07 July 2004
On a Wall

I have no idea how this kind of artwork is going to be looked at in a few years.
My question is, perhaps: Will we be able to see these digital pieces in a museum? or will the museums will be online?

Are we taking that experience of GOING to the place to see "the real McCoy" or we're just changing the place from where you look at it?

Personally, I think this piece would look great in somebody's wall.

The good thing about it is that is impossible to steal it, because it is a couple of ones and zeros.

I'm used to look at a screen and look at digital artwork, but don't you guys wonder how would it be to see it in a wall, with the ammount of detail that the artist applied to it?

Great job!

11 November 2004
I dunno what to say, I'm speechless

I love the composition, love the character, just an amazing piece. The girl is so lifelike, especially the limbs (I've noticed that in several of your pieces).

Its so freaking cool, oozing with style. Rock on.

11 November 2004
Just joined and had to add my praise for such a great painting.
Have the feeling this is going to be a very humbling experience here.

12 December 2004
Awesome Olijosman... and you site filled with fun and amazing stuffs...
You controlled the painting not only in technique but also in storytelling. Grayish clouds gathers to imply something is going to happen, clear silhuette in background tells environment (near factory village somewhere), and most importantly path of POI (point of interests) which is from the girl to the robot. Definitinetly I can smell your deep thoughts behind of the work of art on this page, and glad I can share the dedication you poured into...

01 January 2005
praise

I have to tell you that I've had this on my desktop for two weeks now. I love it and it has attracted the favourable attention of my co-workers. Very nice work! I especially like the composition, the texture and the actual emotion/feeling that comes from this work.

01 January 2005
Thank you very much

01 January 2005
Here's me, going through my bookmarks, and finding this image again.

It's been ages since I saw it last but I well remember handing this link out to everyone I knew but not even daring to reply to the topic (finding it overwhelming, I'm just that much in love with this painting).

I think I love her face most of all. I know it's not intended, but her features have just that kind of near-androgynous look to them that utterly bowls me over in real life, and that I find absolutely fascinating. Weirdly enough, she almost reminds me of Venus de Milo. Don't ask me why. Perhaps because some things make you reassess what is beautiful.

Anyway, what I wanted to say is - sorry for not commenting on this picture before. I've talked to you a few times on cgtalk now and I finally racked up the courage. I know I'm sounding a little knocked over - but I was honestly taken aback when I saw the image again and can't help remembering my friend yelping HOLYSHIT when he saw this the first time.

<3 Awesome work, even if I'm a little late in saying it.

01 January 2005
Enayla, it is a pleasure to my receive your commentaries... thanks a lot (never is late) You are right, she has a strange beauty
Funny...I knew cgtalk by your works, because a friend showed to me one of your exposed paintings... .Well, you know... I love your work best regards

01 January 2005
with my mouth wide open, sterring... ¶It's just amazing¶

02 February 2005
This is just an amazing masterpiece, I love it, such realism and detail, I just want it as a poster and have it framed.

I just wanted you to know that your work, especially this piece inspires me and helped me, by gazing at it over and over again, to imrove my skills a lot, I hope I can reach this level one day.

I wish you all the best

02 February 2006
FANTASTIC,i really like it.
cheers

02 February 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread