Master and Servant 3D Entry: sandro D Paoli

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2005
Wow that is soo good man, i love the simplicity in the image and the complexity int he fine details, that's the way i would've loved to do mine entry but it's too late now . This is like the stuff that would make it in the expose. Really impressed, and congratulations on the final. Best of luck.

05 May 2005
my head is officially blown man....i am completely speechless... u r an ARTIST!!, love both of ur characters so cool and soo well made... damn i'm freaking out again.... hey good luck... this is top stuff, u just inspired me

05 May 2005
Originally Posted by overcontrast: my head is officially blown man....i am completely speechless... u r an ARTIST!!, love both of ur characters so cool and soo well made... damn i'm freaking out again.... hey good luck... this is top stuff, u just inspired me

thx a lot for your nice crit. I ve seen your stuff and its damn good. Love the atmosphere in it - particularly the flaming sparks -- they add a lot. The expression on their faces is right- very good work

Cheers

Sandro -

05 May 2005
thanx man its a big complement from a person like u. Deeply appriciated.

btw i really like ur skin shading. I'm working on a realistic skin shader, so i woudl like to know more abt how u aproch realistic skin. It woudl be nice if we could chat sometym....

thanx again and c ya around

05 May 2005
fantastic work on every level good luck

05 May 2005
Originally Posted by overcontrast: thanx man its a big complement from a person like u. Deeply appriciated.

btw i really like ur skin shading. I'm working on a realistic skin shader, so i woudl like to know more abt how u aproch realistic skin. It woudl be nice if we could chat sometym....

thanx again and c ya around

hum, realistic skin shading -- thats a tricky one -- and I m not so much of a shading technician so I ll just advise you to render in passes and tweak them separately and then all together to get the desired effect -- my skin shader is a bit of a fraud cause I really just rendered simple passes for Specs and Transluccence and worked on them in Photoshop until I was satisfied - when you re busy with an illustration I think you should just leave a lot of time consuming adjustements on the side until you re in Photoshop and rework it in there -- much faster and you get to try much more possibilities with total control. Now if you are talking about making a skin shader that is realistic in an animation - well heeee you should really pay attention to the different levels of subscatter occuring in the skin - plus your specs must be right. Skin has a first more diffuse spec and brighter tiny one - and of course their intensity varies along the body and specially on the face. Use references when you can and pay a lot of attention directly to your own body. You are covered with skin so that makes you a walkin reference! Good luck with it send me some tests if you want to. Cheers overContrast

sandro-

05 May 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread