Lunatique
Pragmatic Dreamer

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Robert Chang
Artist|Writer|Composer
Photographer|Director
Lincoln, USA

I have a dedicated Q&A thread for my workshop "Becoming A Better Artist" (linked below in my signature), where I'll answer any questions you have. There are also posts from alumni students in that thread describing what the workshop was like for them and what they learned, as well as give advice to those who are considering taking the workshop.

I'm probably one of the most passionate and hard-working teachers you'll ever meet. My workshop isn't quite like other workshops, because I see my relationship with my students as long-term mentoring, so even after the workshop ends, they are still my students and I continue to help them whenever they need me. I have made this promise to all of my students since the very first run of the workshop over three years ago, and I have kept that promise. I have students from over three years ago that I still help constantly by giving critiques, answering questions, helping them figure out difficult career decisions and problems, helping them adjust their artistic development strategy according to their current individual needs, and help them deal with the emotional problems that struggling artists often face.

I even created a private alumni students forum, where all of my alumni students can go and interact with me and each other, have discussions, share resources, ask questions, get critiques, etc, as well as give each other encouragement, support, and helpful advice. It is a safe haven for them because it is private and everyone there have the same common ground of having been through the boot camp that is my workshop (and a lot of students say the alumni forum alone is worth the price of the workshop, and the fact it is offered as a bonus perk is mind-boggling).

No one will ever get ignore or treated badly in the alumni forum, because my students embody the attitude of my teachings--to be sincere, honest, constructive, kind, friendly, helpful, and assert some tough love and wacky sense of humor now and then, We have no trolls, no @$$holes, or sycophants, and it just became that way naturally because that is our collective ideal--to have a place that is only helpful, useful, and inspiring, without all the negatives of anonymous strangers on public forums. It is by far the best art community I've ever seen, and I've been around since the earliest days of the Sijun Forums. (Well, maybe second best, since the years when Craig Mullins was still very active at Sijun is still the best IMO, although it had all the negatives of public forums too). I try very hard to foster the same kind of atmosphere and attitude as those golden years of Sijun Forums when Craig Mullins' mentoring and guidance changed many of our lives as artists and as people.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:05 PM   #17
MissOptimist
Lord of the posts
portfolio
Cora Gorospe
Educator/ 3D Artist
Fort%2BLauderdale,

Send a message via AIM to MissOptimist Send a message via Yahoo to MissOptimist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buscat
Hi MissOptimist, yes, all the webinars are recorded.

In answer to your other questions, there are a few workshops which have videos in both Max and Maya - if you'd like to email me I can let you know whether the ones you're interested in cover Max.

Kirsty , did you get my email? please respond back

Last edited by MissOptimist : 05-22-2013 at 03:04 AM.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:26 AM   #18
MissOptimist
Lord of the posts
portfolio
Cora Gorospe
Educator/ 3D Artist
Fort%2BLauderdale,

Send a message via AIM to MissOptimist Send a message via Yahoo to MissOptimist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buscat
Hi MissOptimist, yes, all the webinars are recorded.

In answer to your other questions, there are a few workshops which have videos in both Max and Maya - if you'd like to email me I can let you know whether the ones you're interested in cover Max.

Can you let me know which of the courses are 3ds max related? I'm interested in getting better in 3d modeling, animating, texturing, and lighting. I don't have much software programs installed in my computer, I have only 3ds max, Photoshop, Zbrush and Mudbox. So if there are any other programs that are needed for the courses, I won't be able to take advantage of what I pay for

Old 05-23-2013, 02:20 AM   #19
Buscat
Education Forum Leader

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Kirsty Parkin
Manager, Education and Training
Rising Sun Pictures
Adelaide, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissOptimist
Kirsty , did you get my email? please respond back

I did! Sometimes it takes me a day or so - things can get pretty crazy sometimes. I just responded - here is it in post form

Becca Baldwin's Creating and Styling CGHair is non-program specific, so is Michele Bousquet's Physics for Animators (here's a video on that class), Leigh Van Der Byl's Environmental Texturing and Ara Keramanikian's Polysculpting Bryan Wynia's 3D Creature Sculpting works mostly in Zbrush, which you say you have (here is a really great free webinar he made on his workshop and what you'll learn)

There may be other workshops where instructors are happy to make a video for you in Max, or some that already have. Here is a full list of our workshops - if there is one that interests you, let me know which it is and I'll see if it has 3DSMax compatibility.

Hope this helps!

Old 05-23-2013, 02:20 AM   #20
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread