i don't understand why this is not accepted

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2013
i don't understand why this is not accepted

This is my latest personal work.

was rejected from the gallery,

Please help me to understand

Alch3mist

05 May 2013
I can only assume it was rejected before this week. Submit it again, as we now accept everything that is submitted.

05 May 2013
Ok thank you Ieigh

05 May 2013
- The textures on the body look really flat, like you haven't used any displacement/bump maps at all.

- The legs in general don't quite look right proportionally, the stance looks very unnatural and the joint where the leg meets the body looks too scrawny.

- The reflections in the helmet show that there's nothing else in the scene other than the character geometry and the floor - you should use a HDRI or model a background to give it something to reflect.

- Composition wise, I'm not really sure what to make of it. The weapons are firing off in different directions but the figure appears to be looking directly into the camera. There is no clue as to who the robot is engaging which means that as a finished image it's not really telling a story.

- I think you've overdone it with the blur effect, but thats just my personal opinion.

J

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by leigh: I can only assume it was rejected before this week. Submit it again, as we now accept everything that is submitted.

Really?
Any reasons for that?

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by scrimski: Really?
Any reasons for that?

I can only assume Leigh's being sarcastic

05 May 2013
I asked feedback to improve myself.
thanks to everyone has commented but i think it isn't the rigth spot to be sarcastic
m2c

Alch3mist

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by scrimski: Really?
Any reasons for that?

Because we're tired of people being pissed off at their work being declined. Instead, we're now accepting everything submitted, and are working on improving the plugging system to bring attention to the good stuff.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by leigh: Because we're tired of people being pissed off at their work being declined. Instead, we're now accepting everything submitted, and are working on improving the plugging system to bring attention to the good stuff.

I can understand that some work would have to be rejected, i have submitted many pieces that were rejected, but to be honest, i would have been happy with simply knowing why. getting critique in the WIP section is not always the same as knowing why a particular mod rejected something. (understanding this would mean more work for those judging)

05 May 2013
Very interesting, Leigh. I'm sad to see this happen, but definitely noticed the drop in quality today when I went looking in the showcase galleries. Kinda frustrating for those of use who've worked so hard all these years and never been accepted, but I'm not blaming you or anyone else. It just means we'll have no reason to look to the Showcase galleries for decent work anymore. :(

"Like stone we battle the wind... Beat down and strangle the rains..."

05 May 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread