New CGTalk banner

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2013
New CGTalk banner

Just wanted to say I really like the new CGTalk showcase banner. Good job to whoever is responsible.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

03 March 2013
Yeah, very slick. Wouldn't mind seeing this type of banner once or twice a week.

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by WyattHarris: Just wanted to say I really like the new CGTalk showcase banner.

Yes, it's the best old guy perving out on a cute girl that's being licked by a dog that's being, uh, something-ed by the Pillbury Dough Boy, with a topless women being pistol-whipped by a steampunk girl banner I've seen today.

03 March 2013
That would be Per Anders' work.

We all liked it a lot, and it's being discussed, amongst many other things Leigh already hinted at for gallery, portfolios and so on.

Wind of change is blowing, and insofar it's carrying no sour farts with it. Rejoyce, people of CGTalk.

03 March 2013
I think its ok. How would a piece of environment work make the front page though? It seems all of these are compositions that are foucused on a single subject with a disposable background.

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by AJ1: I think its ok. How would a piece of environment work make the front page though? It seems all of these are compositions that are foucused on a single subject with a disposable background.

Take any of those pictures, swap the background with a richer one, remove the character. Job done.
Two environments side by side might be trickier unless there's enough contrast and dominant elements to take a cue from in either, but all in all I don't think it's a big worry.

Don't take the current plugs strip too at heart as a permanent change in (art) direction or anything like that, it's still manual work to generate it, but I think Per did a great job of grabbing something and just running with it to show something fresh, instead of spending hours in table top discussions about what to change.

It got the attention of quite a few members apparently, and nobody came out disliking it, so all in all it's an improvement on all fronts.

I also think he did great in showing how much more cool work and how much less news we should be showing there. We (moderators) have been fairly slow and stale with it when it's supposed to be an enticing/fresh snapshot of how to waste some time in the gallery, and this was a good wake up call.

Anyway, don't read too much into it just yet I reckon

03 March 2013
Cool, no worries. Thanks again for your response.

I do appreciate all the work that you guys do in putting the forum together, so I don't mean to come off like I'm complaining.

I'm currently trying to get my JS and JQuery skills up, and would defiantly love the opportunity to maybe contribute to any gallery redesign in the future.

-AJ

03 March 2013
I like the new banner - the interaction between the pieces is great.

03 March 2013
Another great banner..

03 March 2013
Better than the last!

03 March 2013
I like the new banner very much, it's good to see a focus on the artists again.
Looking forward to see the changes to the showcase galleries and the portfolio page!

03 March 2013
Would a double banner be on the cards? One showing articles, workshops, and focused threads (even linking to some of the General Discussions threads, or the Wip of the Weeks), and then having the current awesome artists banner?

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by Pyke: Would a double banner be on the cards? One showing articles, workshops, and focused threads (even linking to some of the General Discussions threads, or the Wip of the Weeks), and then having the current awesome artists banner?

This! I would welcome this with open arms.

03 March 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread