Unable to purchase Silo with Discount using PayPal?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2012
Unable to purchase Silo with Discount using PayPal?

Hello,

I was trying to purchase Silo on the Nevercenter site, and discovered that only those using Credit Cards have the luxury of using the SILO119 code to get the $30.00 Discount off Silo.

Unfortunately not everyone (especially us Europeans) have Credit Cards. And I don't unfortunately.

Many friends told me about Silo, and recommended it highly, but I haven't been able to find out anything about how to purchase it at the advertised discount as a PayPal customer.

Can someone from Nevercenter tell me how to go about doing this? or am I just cursed for trying to pay for Silo with PayPal which is "cash" as opposed to a Credit Card?

I am very excited about purchasing and using and learning Silo, as I use Modo601 and Cinema4D and develop 3rd party models for use in Poser 9/Poser Pro 2012, and for Daz Studio use.

Thanks in advance for any tips you may have for me about this question.

Antonio Rodriguez
aka: ProFotograf
Published Artist @ Daz3D, Developer, Photoreference Photographer.

11 November 2012
Paying for Silo with PayPal

I just saw this earlier today. There was a sale on for Silo for $109.00 that ended on Nov. 4. PayPal was one of the methods they accepted for payment. It seems probable that they may
run the same sale again. It is at:

http://mysmithmicro.com/marcom/ebla.../index-web.html

You could go to it now and then keep checking it every few weeks to see if they run it again. I hope this helps you out.

11 November 2012
Originally Posted by ProFotograf: I am very excited about purchasing and using and learning Silo, as I use Modo601 and Cinema4D and develop 3rd party models for use in Poser 9/Poser Pro 2012, and for Daz Studio use.

why do you need yet another modeler? What's in silo that you don't have in Modo and Cinema 4D?

12 December 2012
Originally Posted by luceric: why do you need yet another modeler? What's in silo that you don't have in Modo and Cinema 4D?

I have C4D also, and the reason that I am buying Silo is because C4D is very difficult to use for basic polygonal modeling (for everything else, it is great). Most basic modeling in C4D requires a work around or a plugin (with some exceptions in the Studio version--but who can afford that?). Example: It takes about 4 steps to create thickness on an object in the C4D Broadcast version vs. 1 step in Silo (via the Shell modifier).

12 December 2012
Quote: the reason that I am buying Silo is because C4D is very difficult to use for basic polygonal modeling

... I completely agree... I use C4D too for everything, but for polygon modelling I can't stand it. I heard someone say once that you don't want the tool to be in your way, and C4D unfortunately gets far too much in the way when polygon modelling (IMO). That's why I also recently bought a Silo license...

12 December 2012
LOL, in the short time that I have been using the trial version of Silo, I have learned more about C4D than I had with all theC4D tutorials I had been doing. I move objects back and forth between the programs to see how each handles things. I think the two are going to work very nicely together. (I just wish there was some indication that Silo is going to be around for a long time.)

12 December 2012
Quote: I just wish there was some indication that Silo is going to be around for a long time

... I know what you mean... I had this thought too before purchasing my license and it wasn't a question of spending the money because Silo is very economical... It was more to do with the time investment... that is, whether I should invest lots of time in an application who's user-base has expressed doubt over it's future. Anyhow, my conclusion was that if Silo works for me now in OSX Mountain Lion which it does just go for it. In it's current state it wipes the floor with C4D for polygon modelling and I'm not after updates or upgrades it works great as it is, as long as it continues to work with future Apple OS updates, I'm happy with Silo as it is.

12 December 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread